Audi S3 Sprint Blue 2007

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Hmm...as already said looks a bit neglected, at least he didn't chav it up

Gawd that's a lovely colour, especially in the sun :cool:

I'm sure it brings back memories seeing it up for sale

did he remove the S3 FBMFSW?

I had to laugh at the last post in this thread before you resurrected it @Boydie

Be a man, grow a set and buy an avant!

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Boydie removed the wheel I believe.

surprised the current owner stuck with the shield steering wheel - takes away from the interior IMO, Im sure any anoraks looking at the car will question what happened to the stock S3 one

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
surprised the current owner stuck with the shield steering wheel - takes away from the interior IMO, Im sure any anoraks looking at the car will question what happened to the stock S3 one

I thought that was the stock S3 wheel? The FBW was an optional extra was it not?

Steering wheel wouldnt be up there in my questions ... anyone wanting that car will be blown away by the power delivery ...

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I thought that was the stock S3 wheel? The FBW was an optional extra was it not?

Steering wheel wouldnt be up there in my questions ... anyone wanting that car will be blown away by the power delivery ...

I could be wrong, but any S3 8P's that I've looked at (about 5 or 6) all seemed to have the FBMFSW

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
@Gambit the car had everything but in his ownership the clutch release bearing went so he decided to change clutch, bearing and flywheel. I would have just done the flywheel (£250) and bearing (£40).

As far as I know he changed a wheel bearing as well.

@Crimson my S3 was one of the early ones being January 2007 so the either the FBMFSW wasn't a standard item or it was an OE.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
I can't remember the guide price but probably in excess of £800

It was sold with around 87k

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Sure the S4/5s etc don't even come with FBMFSW as standard. Makes such a difference too ...

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Sure the S4/5s etc don't even come with FBMFSW as standard. Makes such a difference too ...

I suppose when you think about it in hindsight Audi do actually go out of their way to get customers with the "you want it, well you have to pay extra for it" for almost everything deemed as desirable or an enhancement in their cars so not altogether surprising that they took this approach with the S cars too

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Crimson queried the lack of one to which we concluded Boydie removed prior to sale.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
To be fair every car manufacture does that ... maximising profit/sale price.

Audi are deffo worse for it than most....but they can afford to be considering their typical customer base and demand for their fleet

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Personally I don't think they suit anything bigger than a TT/A3. I drove a Black Edition A4 with one for a few weeks and it didn't feel right.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.