battery

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BLACK MAGIC

hi every body, wonder wud any one know why battery is runnin down, nnow and again, i just put a new one in a wild ago, i have a boot build but i have everything turnin of with the remote wire, only the read out on the distrabution block, for the power wire is lit. cud tis be the problem.i have a power cap running as well.2 subs 3amps 4comp,help thanks.

ps sorry bout spelling, i didnt listen in school

cheers black magic

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
are you sitting for periods of time with the engine off and the stereo on? this would cause the battery to die. the readout on the distribution block is most likely an led and shouldn't be causing the problem.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
sounds like ur battery just cant cope! time for a diesel one methinks! mine is in at the moment getting a bigger alternator fitted cause the old one couldnt produce enuf power for all the ice!

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
vza said:
its a matter of space,the ka is tiiiiny!very cramped engine bay in it :worried:

im shocked! looks like such spacious car from the outside!

lololol

nah u should b able to fit a better battery in. Go to any motor stores and buy the biggest one they have. Of failin that a diesel batt for a fiesta or somethin

Peter

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
vza said:
is this in the ka?what dya reckon would be the largest battery i could stick in?
nope its in the golf, but id say a yellow top might fit in the ka? :? if not get a decent diesel battery! :p

vza

like out of a focus? :laughing: or even a mondeo?ill go find out when she returnsfrom the body shop,best get it sorted before the new ice goes in

daves106

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo ST220
if i can get a yellowtop in my car then it will go in a ka i would say but if you dont want to spend that much go diesel

-Pete-

RMS Regular
and you also say you have everything of the remote wire?have you not even a relay to turn everything on with or a remote turn on device like the phoenox gold one?????
if not you should really get a relay or somthing as you will knacker your hu remote wire otherwise as there is bugger all power coming out of it and usually you shouldnt really use the remote wire to turn on more than 2 devices due it being low powered(relay solves this and they are next to nothing and can turn on loads of things!)
oh and could alos be worth checking the regulator on the alternator to see if its dodgy or worth replacing,also could be an idea to upgrade your alternator charging wire ,positive battery wire and the earth wire all coming into the battery.(the big three as its known) may as well as your in that region.(4awg at least)

Rushe

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar/ Chevy S1
If the battery is discharging itself (i.e. over night) then there must be some sort of current leak, this may well be a dodgy altenator, amp, could be anything. Not much help I know, but a bigger battery is going to be no use if you leave the car parked up for a period of time, it will still discharge.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
joeshaft said:
and you also say you have everything of the remote wire?have you not even a relay to turn everything on with or a remote turn on device like the phoenox gold one?????
if not you should really get a relay or somthing as you will knacker your hu remote wire otherwise as there is bugger all power coming out of it and usually you shouldnt really use the remote wire to turn on more than 2 devices due it being low powered(relay solves this and they are next to nothing and can turn on loads of things!)
oh and could alos be worth checking the regulator on the alternator to see if its dodgy or worth replacing,also could be an idea to upgrade your alternator charging wire ,positive battery wire and the earth wire all coming into the battery.(the big three as its known) may as well as your in that region.(4awg at least)

:roll: pfff

Rushe

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar/ Chevy S1
Can't really offer any ideas. It really is just one of those things, could be something real simple.
If you just try and trace back when it first started to happen and what changes you made to the car if any at the time and take it from there.
If it started when you put the amps in then disconect them for a while to see how it holds up.
Common one is a bad connection going into the head unit, if you have changed it or had the head unit out check to make sure that the bullet connectors for the power at the back of the head unit (yellow and red cable's) still have the insullation on them properly.

twister.

I would agree with Rushe, try to think back to when this fault started and work from there.Any electrical fault is hard to find,it will be a case of tryin different things and with a bit of luck it might be something simple.A bigger battery will not change or fix this problem,the bigger battery might last a while longer .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.