Coogs multifaceted fleet

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Some important jobs today

Actually I did a couple of ball joints and drop links (MOT soon) but they're no fun to look at. 24 years of rust wasn't much banter either, but sure.

Anyway to the important jobs (lol). Fancied a wee splitter / skirt thing on the front.

Before
IMG_20160924_125709.jpg

And after

IMG_20160924_132350.jpg

IMG_20160924_132354.jpg

Stuck a new badge on the front to cover the holes

IMG_20160924_144920.jpg

IMG_20160924_132822.jpg

Stuck a lip on the back too

IMG_20160924_135117.jpg

And finally painted the sills black after debating about it with myself for about 3 weeks lol
IMG_20160924_150200.jpg

And headlights set and we are ready for MOT.

Oh and I lifted these :laughing:

Just need to sort tyres out for them.
IMG_20160924_140215.jpg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
For the health and safety of myself, passengers and general public I'll wear jeans over my pants :p

Doesn't take much to convert someone who thinks they're girls cars. One decent run usually sorts that out lol

Nope, generally a good scalp round the Ards peninsula on a crisp summers evening with flames coming out the exhaust is enough to convert most (y):p

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
i started my balljoints etc yesterday going to finish them later could see it far enough :-#

Wee car looking really well slightly jealous with mine being multi-coloured and all atm :oops:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
i started my balljoints etc yesterday going to finish them later could see it far enough :-#

Wee car looking really well slightly jealous with mine being multi-coloured and all atm :oops:

I just did the boots on my lower ones, they were absolutely perfect apart from the splits. Found that taking the tie rod joint off made access easier plus used one of those scissor type ball joint breakers on it.

5l tin of matt yellow paint here if you fancy it :p

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
Manifold, decat, backbox and a tune. Then just needs about 5 minutes of serious harassment and it'll be flame-city.

with the decat you get any hassle at mot? and where you get the manifold from seen few on ebay but dubious about ebay manifolds lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
with the decat you get any hassle at mot? and where you get the manifold from seen few on ebay but dubious about ebay manifolds lol

No hassle with it for past 3 MOT's. There's not even a sports cat on it, straight through right to the back box. It's a Jasma stamped one, must have been fitted sometime in Japan. I *think* I've another one for a 1600 in a pile of other bits somewhere... will see if I can find it. I *think* there was some sort of bodged repair done to it so don't hold your breath. If I can find it you can have it for nothing if you want. That's if I haven't binned it. If I find it I'll PM you a picture.

In fairness the wee car sounds brilliant without being stupidly loud and goes the very best... last run out it was absolutely up the hole of a mate of mine in modded VTS Saxo. In fact if he hadn't been in my way I'd have sailed away round the twisties.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Bit like another instance involving a certain blue 4x4 turbo on the Mountstewart Road I recall :p Hanging onto the top of the windscreen for dear life as my ar$e kept lifting off the seat :cool:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
:innocent:

Was an entertaining run that's for sure lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
It uses self-tappers as well as the tape to fit. I don't care about the MX5 but it might put you off if you're doing it something nice lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
For the first time ever the Mazda was running like a cement mixer today. Fortunately I was able to diagnose. Coil packs were a mess.

IMG-20161001-WA0009.jpeg

No idea how long they've been like that but fortunately I had a spare so fired it in and good as new.

Also found a pin stripe so stuck it on. Undecided about it but probably too late to remove now because it'll take all the paint with it lol.

IMG_20161001_153022.jpg

MOT next week and typically one of the lifting rods for the headlights broke and I gave my spare one away to an RMSer a few years back so onto eBay for a second hand one for last minute fix next weekend. Hopefully it arrives in time!!

Can't wait to get those wheels swapped too.