Coogs multifaceted fleet

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Donut city.

Forgot I also rewired the air con fan to come on with the switch in the car. So when I'm burning rear tyres off it I can stick a bit more air through the radiator, so I can.

charlie-lawson.jpg

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Seems the MX5 is making a habit of breaking down at the MOT centre. This time grinding a halt at the start of the testing lane and refusing to start / run for more than 2 seconds.

Huge thanks to the MOT guy. He allowed me time to try and figure out what it was before letting me enter the car 45 mins late (running like a complete b&&tard). Emissions all over the show, eventually with a bit of throttle prodding we were able to get it in spec. Again, massive thanks to the tester for being patient.

Then it decided to empty the contents of its washer bottle all over the MOT ramp, which I thought at the time was the coolant again and was about fit to just dump it at the centre and hitchhike home.

And then broke down outside the shed and had to be pushed into bed.

What a day!!

IMG_20161008_173521.jpg

Oh and it passed.

And the brakes are class. I cut the tripe out of it the whole way round the Ard's peninsula home and they were fantastic.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Good jab. I love stories of mental mot days where feck all goes to plan but you either get the pass or get thrown out of the test centre lol. (y)

Been washing mine today after a few weeks of ignoring it.

20161008_165519.jpg

20161008_165506.jpg

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Was there a Targa on round Bangor today? There was loads of mx5's out all clobbered in mud.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yes there was, the UAC Equinox Targa, but I wasn't at it unfortunately. :worried:
Too many things going on at the moment for me as the daughter's Stilo needed a head gasket and a head re-build so that has taken priority in the last couple of weekends. Needs must etc. The MX needs a bit of TLC at the moment so I'm giving the targa's a miss until I can get a list of things sorted.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Seems the MX5 is making a habit of breaking down at the MOT centre. This time grinding a halt at the start of the testing lane and refusing to start / run for more than 2 seconds.

Huge thanks to the MOT guy. He allowed me time to try and figure out what it was before letting me enter the car 45 mins late (running like a complete b&&tard). Emissions all over the show, eventually with a bit of throttle prodding we were able to get it in spec. Again, massive thanks to the tester for being patient.

Then it decided to empty the contents of its washer bottle all over the MOT ramp, which I thought at the time was the coolant again and was about fit to just dump it at the centre and hitchhike home.

And then broke down outside the shed and had to be pushed into bed.

What a day!!

View attachment 127210

Oh and it passed.

And the brakes are class. I cut the tripe out of it the whole way round the Ard's peninsula home and they were fantastic.

Good old reliable Jap scrap lol.

This machine really hates MOT's it seems

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
In fairness to the car he did say she was one of the best he's seen in a long time (underneath lol) and it was in great order. He also asked what colour was I planning on painting it!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
In fairness to the car he did say she was one of the best he's seen in a long time (underneath lol) and it was in great order. He also asked what colour was I planning on painting it!

Quality lol I actually really like the battleship grey on yours. Best colour yet in my opinion (y)

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Get your 'hewn from granite', 'barely run in' and 'the last of the well built Mercs' replies at the ready...

After what seems like an eternity trying to organise getting this car I finally managed to lift it and bring it home. 2.6 straight 6 auto pre-facelift, from the days when Mercedes used real zebrano wood (from the rainforest :-# ), steel sprung seats and showcased luxury in the way the car was built and not how much bling and gadgets were included.

185k miles, metallic grey with beige MB tex and Zebrano. Previous owner 19 years and far from mint, but a great cheap practical classic barge that'll hopefully be fit to tow the mx5 to a couple of track days next year. Everything aside from a couple of light bulbs works - cruise, air-con, dehumidifier - even the remote rear headrests work. Stevie wonder has had a go at painting it a few times but she's still a lovely old girl and will do the job rightly. Some proper German 80's styling :grinning:

IMG_20161119_145639.jpg
IMG_20161119_145628.jpg
IMG_20161119_145619.jpg
IMG_20161119_144925.jpg
IMG_20161119_145610.jpg