BBC2 'Racing Legends' Colin McRae 28/12/12

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
don't know when McRae is on, even checked BBC Scotland but without any joy.

Moss and them boys were heroes. Patrick Stewart is a good narrator too.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Chris Hoy, the man doing the McRae documentary, tweeted this today:

"Not sure when BBC racing legends prog about Colin McRae is on, for those of you asking. Will keep you posted.."

if he doesn't know when it's on then there's not much hope for us.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Nightmare but have a roaring fire with a dog 2ft from it toasting and enjoying tonights bill

SMB

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Just watched the Jackie Stewart one.. It was brilliant, didn't think I'd have been that bothered with it, but was brilliantly put together and James Martin did an excellent job..

Can't wait for the McRae one when it eventually airs.

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
OP
Gaza_r
Drives
Focus TDCI
Read on a Rally forum (from a reliable source) the McRae episode has been delayed due to an issue over WRC footage.

Seems there's a legal issue around the North One Sport / Red Bull Media House 'ownership' of footage.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Watched the two about Stirling Moss and Jackie Stewart, really good both of them (despite James feckin' Martin, lol) :grinning: Every time I see a show about Jackie S I am in complete awe, the stuff they did and had to put up with is just mindblowing. Several deaths every year considered "normal", hard to imagine something like that.

Looking forward to Colin, hope they sort it out somehow.

Still think they should have made one of Jim Clark too, by far the best British racer ever.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
crock of balls, Beeb need to grow a pair ffs...

they didn't seem to worry much when the grp B program was aired showing the deaths of hundreds in rallying, that was wrecklessness too on behalf of the amatuer drivers taking risks in hyper cars

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That article sounds like speculation to me, to be honest. The crash would not be an issue, as long as it is in the show and presented correctly, with facts.

Hope they air it. And then do a special Jim Clark tribute :innocent:

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Would live to see a show on John Surtees. How that man is not a Sir is a mystery to me. The only man to be world motorcycle world champion and F1 world champion. A true legend!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I heard on the radio earlier today that they are running old, late 70's top of the pops programs on BBC4.

they have been on hold due to the jimmy scandal and his involvement with the show at some point but are now broadcasting soon.

thus i feel the news paper editorial is a load of auld ballix as per usual

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Excellent news!

That video - I drive there from time to time, it is scary at half those speeds, lol :cool:

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
The skill and cojones to drive at those kinda of speeds and keep it all on the road is something else. What a legend!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.