Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Venue? surely has to be King's Hall or nothing.. needs to be more proper big indoor/outdoor summer shows again

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Going by what I see so far ill not hold hope

There is a reason shows likes this stopped some ten years back

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Yup grew up atound it and got a couple of years as media at them but the manufacturers dont have the dosh and the people didnt come in big enough numbers

Even goodwood festival has went way way down hill regarding manufacturer stands which says it all in my head

About 10 years ago the makers of cars gave away clothing books and lots of random **** to most ppl

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
AS show used to be mega also about 6 years ago it died off

yup, didn't go this year, but I was dragged into a video call showing me round and it wasn't too great. Although Ellie Tillett was there. Nowt better than a wee girl talking about carbon

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
yup, didn't go this year, but I was dragged into a video call showing me round and it wasn't too great. Although Ellie Tillett was there. Nowt better than a wee girl talking about carbon
And also shows how much it matters being there when meeke and citroen were testing lol

pedenjohn

RMS Regular
The internet has changed everything. There's no longer a need to go to these sort of shows when you've already seen x or y car on Facebook weeks before. Sad times, it's definitely a blight on society in general but a necessary evil for business! Classic shows will do better as they attract the older generations but how long will that last....?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Loved the kings hall show. That stunt driver (Russ swift?) that drove the minis was the last one I was at. Loved the BTCC Astra there with simulator around Donington, great craic.

My mum went out with Russ Swift years ago, I remember him and Paul at the MGCC Celebration weekend in 1988 at Kirkistown where Paul was a kid replicating his dad in a go-kart

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
From memory, renting the Kings Hall is something bonkers like £70k.

There's just not the audience to recoup that sort of dough these days.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
The internet has changed everything. There's no longer a need to go to these sort of shows when you've already seen x or y car on Facebook weeks before. Sad times, it's definitely a blight on society in general but a necessary evil for business! Classic shows will do better as they attract the older generations but how long will that last....?

They seem to be getting bigger and more popular, moreso as the value of classics increases and more "investors" become interested

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Remember years ago going to a car show in the kings hall, Motor + if my memory serves my correct. Was a good day

Darren91

RMS Regular
Been to the one in Kings Hall a few times back when it was going but Geneva is the place to be.

One of their halls is about 3x the size of Kings Hall and a cheap flight and 16CHF (about £10) gets you in for the day. From being there a couple of years, it takes 2 full days to get a look at everything and everything is pure cheap too.

Have everything booked for this year too, its a great couple of days and its easy to persuade the assistants to let you into the premium lounges :grinning:

tim

RMS Regular

It can't still be that. The likes of Dubshed would operating at a loss!

pedenjohn

RMS Regular
I believe it depends on which halls are used, the ones to the rear are less expensive than the main hall,..... I think

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Oooo Tiff has been in contact...

Capture.PNG

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Another +1 for Geneva. Definately worth the visit, need the two days. Shows cheap, Geneva itself, well lets say I doubt you will be going on a binge. £6-8 a pint.

From last year

Last edited:

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI

I'd say it would depend on the halls used. I know the dubshed guys definately didn't spend that much. Not even close.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
To me, Kings Hall is the big one, not Balmoral Hall or whatever the wee ones are called.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.