Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I don't know who the backer would be that no one from here wouldn't have already had a sniff though. You'd think they are involved in the motor trade somewhere, rather than complete novices.

Cooper knows people, Burns knows people, Graham knows people. I used to know people. Yet no one has heard anything. It's strange.

Even the images for the website? They're just stock photos from a Wix.com website ffs!

84770f_6332c17b690764e1c8a189cc43b10f24.jpg

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/84770f_6332c17b690764e1c8a189cc43b10f24.jpg_srz_p_958_242_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Last edited:

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I don't know who the backer would be that no one from here wouldn't have already had a sniff though. You'd think they are involved in the motor trade somewhere, rather than complete novices.

Cooper knows people, Burns knows people, Graham knows people. I used to know people. Yet no one has heard anything. It's strange.

Even the images for the website? They're just stock photos from a Wix.com website ffs!

84770f_6332c17b690764e1c8a189cc43b10f24.jpg

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/84770f_6332c17b690764e1c8a189cc43b10f24.jpg_srz_p_958_242_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Where did they find a mechanic that managed to get oil and sh*t everywhere except under their nails :laughing:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Kerrie Mann of Our Events NI perhaps?

No, it's Kerrie Mann of Our Events NI alright.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
No, she does wedding events apparently.
yup thats the person i was chatting to about it and it was about a wedding fair initially.

from what i gather she is part of the promo team not an organiser but i could be wrong

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Had a bit of a search there on the above people/company. I think they are in way over their heads with this. Would like to be proven wrong, but surely an event this big would take the guts of a year to organise properly?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Had a bit of a search there on the above people/company. I think they are in way over their heads with this. Would like to be proven wrong, but surely an event this big would take the guts of a year to organise properly?

Yes Paul you are correct but this country is too small for any major car show. It simply wont work and its been looked at a thousand times

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Yes Paul you are correct but this country is too small for any major car show. It simply wont work and its been looked at a thousand times

The only way it could work is if companies/dealers come over from England. That's why I think a show like this would take so long to arrange. To make it work (IMO) you'd want the likes of Russ Swift, you'd want proper catering, you'd want lorries - possibly even some farm/construction plant etc. You want something for everyone - Plus you'd need activities to keep younger children entertained. That's why I find it strange that with 'only' 6 months to go they can't present us with any details of what will be at the show. Surely common sense dictates that they'd want to present some features on their adverts to pique peoples interest?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
There's never really been a major car show in NI, and like Chris said, it would just never work. Sure we've had relatively smallish modified shows in the Kings Hall and Odyssey, but something like the Classic Car Show in Birmingham or Autosport International? Nope.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Exactly. We're never going to get any concepts or not yet released models, so everything can be seen a couple of miles away.

The exception would be if Lamborghini or the likes came, but chances would be slim.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Folks the organiser is going to give me a call. I'm going to put your concerns to them and I'll post up my findings. In the interim please keep to topic.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.