Bluetooth intercom kit- any recommendations?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I would eventually like to get a bluetooth kit for calls and gps etc while on the bike. Does anyone use these and what would you recommend?

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
I've a Scala Rider, I don't use it anymore but when I did I was more than happy with it.

I used to listen to music, take call but mostly used it to connect to my mates I was out with. We had 4 of us connected on a tour to Germany one time.

NotKG

Banned
for 12quid, the Lidl bluetooth is fantastic value. plays misic or radio off phone, answers calls, and if you have a pillion in there's a wire link and earphones and mic for the second helmet included.
if your into group stuff the scala boys all chat together, but the last thing i want is some ejit screaming in my ear on a corner.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
They are very handy. I have two cheap ones, not sure of the brand think it was Bluecom or something. But I see them now on Amazon called Boblov or Esynic. They are around £40 each.
Work okay, one touch dial on previous number, volume up down. Works with my Samsung phone and pillion, volume okay up to about 70mph but depends on your bike, screen, etc. Doesn't work with my 2010 model Bluetooth Garmin gps. (Same gps doesn't work with my Ford Bluetooth either.)
Worth a try for the money, but a decent brand is obviously going to be better.

clarkeg

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW S1000rr
Scala user here, faultless, works perfectly with 4 of us connected, good craic too giving each other a bit of stick while out lol.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
These are great kit - lost count of the wrong turns it saved us from making on our euro trip!
BUT you get what you pay for - cheap ones are an absolute waste of money imho...
I've an Interphone Tour with Bluetooth. Radio. Music.etc. Connects 4 riders on a walkie talkie style set up which saves you having to ring each other (particularly handy on the continent)

cupraricky

RMS Regular
I too have scala rider kit. My old man is on his 2nd scala set, very good systems, well built good quality. Takes a little faffing and stuff to get set up but nothing major. I know that the bmw sat navs have the odd issue connecting, but from memory it can be sorted by changing the sat navs name in its settings then it's all sorted.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.