BMW E46 M3, the story so far...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
FB_IMG_1484938504852.jpg

Breaks my heart :worried: that was an M3 smile lol

RyanM3

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Unless you've owned it from new, how do you know it's original paint though?
I'm the second owner and the previous owner told me it has never seen paint, and after 4 years in my ownership I still have no reason to doubt that, plus I'm quite fussy that way. I can nearly always spot a painted panel regardless of how well it's done!

White_Lady_170

RMS Regular
OP
White_Lady_170
Drives
2004 E46 M3
Glad it's coming together fella. Hope you're keeping well

Cheers, Jonny. Got there in the end. Charged the battery up today and took it a short run, had been parked up 8+ weeks so wanted to check everything was still ok.

Have a real notion of de-cats now though... Wondering what peoples thoughts are, or personal experiences. Ideally I'd like to keep my cats and replace them instead of gutting them, so it can be put back to standard for MOT. Is it worth putting money into branded de-cats such as Supersprint or would dropping the car in to someone to make some up be just as good?

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Cheers, Jonny. Got there in the end. Charged the battery up today and took it a short run, had been parked up 8+ weeks so wanted to check everything was still ok.

Have a real notion of de-cats now though... Wondering what peoples thoughts are, or personal experiences. Ideally I'd like to keep my cats and replace them instead of gutting them, so it can be put back to standard for MOT. Is it worth putting money into branded de-cats such as Supersprint or would dropping the car in to someone to make some up be just as good?

I had the Supersprint Race LW Centre and rear exhaust ...and absolutely loved it....
Would definately have another on my next M3

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 54

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Check out Mel's video comparison he done for the Supersprint race LW rear exhaust....
The exhaust note is amazing, just amplifies the OEM raspiness but with a touch extra...

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I always regret not getting my wheels properly diamond cut ... rather than painted. But was still a great driving car ... loved mine.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Stunning M3. E46 has always been my favourite. I doubt I'll ever get to own one but I do love them. Great work so far!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Another popular option is to modify the OE exhaust. From memory the E46 has four points that can have their perforated pipes wrapped or replaced with solid pipes.

Worth consideration :grinning:.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.