BMW phone connection problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Hi folks,

I'm having bother with the telephone in my new car. It's a BMW (335d x-drive) so maybe someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong or if there is an issue.

I'm pairing my phone (iPhone 7) via Bluetooth easy enough and can make calls but that's where the problem arises...I can hear the person on the other end of the line but they can't hear me.

I've tried turning the volume up, making sure the microphone isn't on mute, re-pairing the device. Is there something blindingly obvious I'm doing wrong? Also thought there might be an issue as I had my Apple Watch synced to the phone and that was causing confusion but that want the case.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Have you tried another phone ie non apple to see if it persists? Or try a different iPhone 6/6s from someone to see.

If it's under warranty take it to dealers

Mabb

RMS Regular
OP
Mabb
Drives
MT10 X5
Thanks for the tips, I've booked it in for them to have a look at it.

Turns out there are more issues, satnav isn't working and I'm getting an SOS call systems warning.

Little disappointed considering its brand new.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I've had problems with my iPhone 7 Plus on my f30.The names don't come just numbers and sometimes it was giving me phantom calls.i rest the network settings and it helped the stop the phone messing about.But I know apple hasn't sorted the issues yet with the iPhone 7.Your software might need updated by the dealer.

Mabb

RMS Regular
OP
Mabb
Drives
MT10 X5
Turns out there was a faulty telephone module which is being replaced under warranty. The new part had to come from Germany but all being well it'll be sorted on Wednesday.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.