BMW standard cd player iPod lead?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

livefreeordie

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru wrx
As above , my friend is looking for a lead to plug into the standard BMW business cd player, in order to charge and play songs from the iPhone, does anyone know where to get these? How Much and are they any good? Thanks

r6kyl

RMS Regular
Drives
Tweed hat and sl
Think its called a dice kit or something similar, Try ebay and amazon :grinning:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Bmw offer one themselves but it is rather limited in what it can do.
There are however several alternatives out there which are much better, try - Invatree / dension etc there are loads to chose from.

livefreeordie

RMS Regular
OP
livefreeordie
Drives
Subaru wrx
I can only find that dension one on eBay, it's pricey!! Is it any good? Does it charge aswell and will the track playing be shown on the headunit screen? Thanks

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
BMW one gets full integration through the idrive and gives song names, artist info etc through the screen

I was quoted around 500-600 supplied and fitted from BMW

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Intravee offers full integration. You need the Intravee unit itself, plus an Alpine KCA-420 plus an iPod lead for the Alpine. Secondhand they're around £200-£250 but hard to come by as they're only built in limited numbers.

Alternatively you can just use an aux lead for £10 but this doesn't offer full integration, i.e. you get the music through the speakers but no song listings on screen and you have to control the music by the iPod/iPhone itself rather than your head unit - grand if you don't want to spend much and you have some kind of dash mount so the iPod/iPhone faces you.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Should just go into the back of the HU

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.