Brake disc skimming

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
lel.......just use my "Hi Tacknalagy" method that I used to take the lips off the old Civic 1.6i-16 brakes.

• Jack one front wheel up
  • take the wheel "aff"
  • put car in 3rd
  • start engine
  • clutch out, let disc spin up
  • use file/sand paper/huge ballix (optional) held against the edge if disc while disc spins

All while praying to every god out there that it doesn't coup off your £30 Halfords jack and end up in the utility room

hey presto.....one car sized lathe/weapon of mass destruction (delete as appropriate)

I gained +100 points for ultra retard approach.

But......IT WORKED

:p

J

Bryan

RMS Regular
What kind of money does it cost to have a set of discs skimmed? I need to get something done with the rear discs from the Rover P6 but it might be cheaper to buy new ones although they are very expensive.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
lel.......just use my "Hi Tacknalagy" method that I used to take the lips off the old Civic 1.6i-16 brakes.

• Jack one front wheel up
  • take the wheel "aff"
  • put car in 3rd
  • start engine
  • clutch out, let disc spin up
  • use file/sand paper/huge ballix (optional) held against the edge if disc while disc spins

All while praying to every god out there that it doesn't coup off your £30 Halfords jack and end up in the utility room

hey presto.....one car sized lathe/weapon of mass destruction (delete as appropriate)

I gained +100 points for ultra retard approach.

But......IT WORKED

:p

J

Would just make your day getting impaled by a hand file after it got caught on the disc lol.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Indeed ^ I was nervous enough when applying tyre shine with a paint brush to a car being driven on the ramp :party:
IMG_4889.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.