Buying a car which was first registered in Southern Ireland but now in UK

Jecks

RMS Regular
Is there anything i need to know if buying a car from mainland UK but was first registered in Dublin. Id be bringing it back to Northern Ireland.
Its not a cheap car so id want to be 100% sure.

First registered down south jan 2016. Then brought to the uk mainland in 2017 and been there since.
Then if i buy it, back over to N Ireland.

Does it devalue the car at all being first registered in Ireland or make it harder to sell. Its one of those cars where a buyer would do alot of research on it and i will prob only have it for a year or 2 max and dont want a headache when selling or am i over thinking it ?

Also could it be sold back to southern iteland with no vrt ( which i know nothing about )

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
There is a chance it would be VRT expemt, so might sell easier given the fact that ROI buyers wouldn't have a huge premium on top of the list price.

I've no idea how you can check if that is the VRT case with a specific car that's been exported to UK.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Vrt can be reclaimed when exporting from roi so unlikely to be covered but is possible.

You do get some spec differences between north and south but usually it makes zero difference just might put some melters off when selling as it will come up as importef on a hpi check etc.

Possible insurance question but can’t see it effecting the cost.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
NI is part of the UK, you aren't exporting or importing, its no different to selling it again in GB. If you decide to sell it back to Southern Ireland there is no fees as ot originated there.