Car lift group buy?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ollie

RMS Regular
I feel like if one of these went ahead it would give me the push to actually buy one.

Is anyone interested or know who would be able to supply?

I'd be looking a scissor lift due to height restrictions in the shed.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
If we were getting a good deal I would love a single phase 2poster

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
If you're after scissor, you'll have to confirm if mid rise or full rise.

For two poster lifts, do you want 3.5t or 4t?

Auto/electric locks or manual locks? I would suggest auto/electric.

Ollie

RMS Regular
OP
Ollie
If you're after scissor, you'll have to confirm if mid rise or full rise.

For two poster lifts, do you want 3.5t or 4t?

Auto/electric locks or manual locks? I would suggest auto/electric.

Yeah it would be great if you could take a look into it. I'll take a look at what lift I would actually want when I'm on the pc tonight.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Is there such a thing as a mobile scissor lift that can be moved in and out of operational
Place or do they need firmly bolted in.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Id be interested in a two poster. Was dead set on a 4t clear floor job from redmount before the pound aquired those lead boots from last year.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I'm in the market for a full rise scissor lift, needs to be an in ground lift.

Will keep an eye out here to see if any deals can be offered.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I bought one of these last month, the guy selling them is a gent and very helpful. Quality is very good, I would have no hesitation recommending it. It'll lift my Discovery and has a load of different sized lifting pads. Another nice touch is they include a set of removable castors to make it easier to slide out of the way when not in use

CAR LIFT, MOBILE SCISSOR LIFT. GREAT FOR HOME/WORK USE | eBay

thefool1983

RMS Regular
I bought one of these last month, the guy selling them is a gent and very helpful. Quality is very good, I would have no hesitation recommending it. It'll lift my Discovery and has a load of different sized lifting pads. Another nice touch is they include a set of removable castors to make it easier to slide out of the way when not in use

CAR LIFT, MOBILE SCISSOR LIFT. GREAT FOR HOME/WORK USE | eBay
Surely a 2poster is a better option.
More access to work on all components of underside.
Safer & about the same money?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Surely a 2poster is a better option.
More access to work on all components of underside.
Safer & about the same money?

If you have no room or height for a 2 poster...and need something mobile...then a 2 poster cannot be a better option.
Although looking at some of the photos of bigger vehicles on that ramp...I sure wouldnt want to be doing too much under or near them ! Especially that caravan ! lol

There are many varieties of lift...for different uses, applications etc etc. Everyone would need to state exactly what they need from any lift. From weight, usage, expected access, heights and electric supply, whether air is available or not etc as a lot use air to release the safety locks

2 poster will in almost all cases need a suitably strong concrete floor to bolt to as well, and a lot of domestic garages would not be built with that in mind

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Theres is very little you wont be able to do on a full height scissor lift. Also very nice not to have the post in the way of the doors etc and feel like they are smaller too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.