Car part sent from the EU

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having with the delivery of a windscreen from Germany.

A transport company has been in touch asking if I was business or do I have a TOR number. Without a TOR number it seems like I am liable for import tax and duties. The transport company has reached out to the company I bought the screen off to see if they would cover the costs but that's unlikely to happen.

Has anybody ever been asked for a TOR number before?

Last edited:

RCT

RMS Regular
I got chipped for stuff coming in from Saudi. Sometimes you’d get it through customs but they got near £100 of tax on me for that particular part.

If you’re a business they’ll want your eori number which is your vat number with a lot of 0000’s and XI at start.

The company won’t pay it your correct on that! You’ll probably have to pay German vat if you haven’t done already, I think it’s 19%.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I have an EORI number but am not registered for VAT.

I don’t think you use a TOR number for importing things? I always thought it was for if you had a van full of stuff moving house from one country to another.

Not an expert though.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I have an EORI number but am not registered for VAT.

I don’t think you use a TOR number for importing things? I always thought it was for if you had a van full of stuff moving house from one country to another.

Not an expert though.
Yeah when I was googling TOR numbers it was all about moving house.

The pallet is now in England do probably too late to try getting it posted to the south.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Should be no tax or duties to pay on importing from the EU to NI. So long as tax has been paid in it’s country of origin it’s good to go.