Charger Help

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Looking for a 5 minute favour from an RMSer with a home charger. Our Mini is only charging at 3.6Kw on our Andersen A2 charger. Andersen have checked multiple times it’s not restricted. Car gives a reduced charging message when plugged in but settings in car are set to max for type 2 and 3

IMG_3617.jpeg

Car has been to mini for software update but I don’t think it’s fixed the issue.
So, before I start another row with Andersen or Mini, would someone let me plug in for 5 mins to see what rate it’s pulling from their charger? Would probably need to see the rate on the charger app as the Mini app doesn’t say what the charge rate is.

I’m in East Belfast so somewhere handy to Orangefield, Sandown, Ballyhack would be great.

Cheers
D

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
If you don’t find anyone closer to home, you’re welcome to plug into mine - Bangor direction.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Our work charger is dumb so won't show the rate of charge, but as above, if you're about Bangor I can start the charge from here.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Does your charger have a CT clamp? Is your house a heavy load before the charger? Ie. could it be monitoring the charge level to balance the load?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Does your charger have a CT clamp? Is your house a heavy load before the charger? Ie. could it be monitoring the charge level to balance the load?
No CT clamp, charging during the night for EV tariff and house has 100amp main fuse

big cyril

RMS Regular
Is yours tethered? Ours would only charge at about 5 miles of range per hour instead of the usual 17. After much faffing it turned out the charging lead at the charger end had become partly unplugged, when pushed back in normal service resumed.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Is yours tethered? Ours would only charge at about 5 miles of range per hour instead of the usual 17. After much faffing it turned out the charging lead at the charger end had become partly unplugged, when pushed back in normal service resumed.
Yeah, tethered but would be awkward to get at as it would involve taking it apart