Classic Insurance Recommendations?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Dads 911 is also with Autoline

As is my house and dads house and boat and my let house and his jeep and my car.

They are doing alright outa RMS by looks of it, wonder if they would like to setup a discount/sponsor scheme or something like greenlight. Maybe just a idea
@Cooper ?

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yeah all my stuff is with auto line.

I was sold when they started calling me sweetheart and Darlin on the phone. I'm easily bought.....

I like that about them too, they have a genuine friendly telephone manner at least, not a fake taught one like most places these days!

I don't even price the classic insurance anymore, just let it continue on.

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd
Yeah all my stuff is with auto line.

I was sold when they started calling me sweetheart and Darlin on the phone. I'm easily bought.....
Aye the ladies in there know how to butter the men up. I just buy old cars to get chatting to them. On that note, Really must get the wife and me to a relationship councillor. :p

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Everyone,

As most of you will know, we've been part of the furniture here for many years now and my time here has mainly been spent lending a hand with general Insurance related queries, or helping more specifically in a hands on way with Greenlight related things for existing and potential customers.

Autoline have been covering classics for years, they've plenty of experience with classics and they're a really good option. But Greenlight would also be able to offer cover for genuine classic models if anyone would like another option or something to compare their existing cover/offer to.

We have at least 2 products that cover genuine classic models, we also have plenty of other products that would be able to cover modified classics. Particularly where there are tasteful modifications that fit with or enhance the original vehicle's character, or smart upgrades that improve the function of the part they replace.

Our classic car policies aren't expensive in comparison to everyday polices, they're mileage focussed and reward low mileage. These products also include agreed value as an option (if you don't mind sending the required photo's in) and the vehicle would need to be your 2nd (non-everyday) drive to qualify, as the classic products are not aimed at everyday cars.

As a firm, we always look to cover vehicles that have a cherished factor or that put a smile on your face. Which with the nostalgia that most owners' feel for their classic's, the classic models certainly do.

Kind regards

Tony

bigcatman

RMS Member
Drives
Mercedes CLS 500
As you probably already realise Autoline is the place to go .They were cheaper by hundreds for my Jaguar XKR and added my wife free of charge. I understand that Jags and Porsche are eligible for classic ins.from 10 yrs and most others are 15 yrs but not 100% as I was only intrested in my Jag .I always use Coleraine because they are so helpful

Gazzerone

RMS Regular
Just insured my Saab Convertible on a Classic policy with Autoline, endorse all the good things already said about them on here.

An absolute pleasure to deal with, great price & did everything in their power to accommodate.

I've no affiliation with them either, just a happy customer...!

dufunk

RMS Regular
£195 fully comp on a 94 Celica GT all mods declared 3k max mileage with autoline. Having a classic as a 2nd car makes great sense!

Last edited:

DMC 4087

RMS Regular
DeLorean, Beetle and 4 people on the policy is 220ish with autoline for me. Beat Hagertys by 20-30 quid too and that's still with agreed value, choice of repair etc.

56oval

RMS Regular
Tried Autoline last week , they wouldnt insure me lol

Last edited:

56oval

RMS Regular
Im really struggling to get cover here, i rang RH today ( my previous insurer ) they came back with £147 based on my old policy, i then told them about the further modications which is mainly the nitrous and they refused to insure it, even though the nitrous would only be used at the track. Ive rang 3 more today, all refused a classic policy with the nitrous.
Greenlight quoted ( funnily enough they are based in good old hometown Billiericay ) they came in circa £272 but that wasnt a classic policy. Im running out of ideas other than bin the gas.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Bump up, would Autoline cover the likes of my car? There isn't much left standard under the skin.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I'll hopefully know tomorrow lol. My Greenlight renewal is £460ish. It never seems to come down :worried:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Bump up, would Autoline cover the likes of my car? There isn't much left standard under the skin.

i have an agreed value with them on the Ascona, and there is very little of it standard.
Didn't list the modifications as such, got a valuation from a members club which they accepted.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Good stuff, there may be hope for me then lol

Got an online quote from them for £260 :grinning:

Aye their quotes seem pretty good. I tried admiral on a S2000 they were quoted like 700+ for stock, went to footman james and it was like 230 with all mods declared.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
My first mini was insured through Footman James (via the mini club) and it was £167 when I was only 17! Everyone else was paying 2-3 grand to insure corsas and clios at the time.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Yeah autoline covered my Capri which was changed under the bonnet. They asked for a full mods list and then gave me a cost.

They came in at £350, so not bad. Only downside is the policy doesn't keep my full no claims bonus ticking over :worried:

Waiting to hear back from a few other places before I make a decision.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.