Classic re registration

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jg4278

RMS Regular
Hi,

Currently restoring a classic car and looking to see if I can change current GB number to NI number plate. The vehicle is 1972. Would you know what fees are applicable for the change?

I currently have old green tax book and have to fill in v62 form plus £25 to get new V5 book.

Is it possible to get 1972 NI plates?

Thanks
Jonny

Bryan

RMS Regular
I believe @Coog was able to get an age related NI number for his Metro. I'd love to do this with my 1972 Cortina as well but I think a car always looks better and is more valuable if it is wearing its original registration that it rolled out of the showroom on. That being said, I much prefer classic NI registered cars over GB ones.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yes I was able to. Sent a friendly letter with a few photos of the car and explained what I wanted. Didn't cost me a penny.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I have tried it a few times and been unsuccessful, heres hoping that the latest Nova I bought can get one as it has been reregistered in the past.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I have tried it a few times and been unsuccessful, heres hoping that the latest Nova I bought can get one as it has been reregistered in the past.

Another one lol. What model did you get this time? Or will all be revealed?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I still love that they did that. What a service (y).

Yeah a great job for sure. It might be the original number for the car, I'm not sure but I was very grateful they took the time to help someone with a crappy wee metro. I thought they'd laugh at me lol

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I'd love the original number back on my 740 but I was told it wasn't possible so I put the reg off my parts car on instead, English reg but it's beggers and choosers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.