Coming Soon.... 2015 Honda Type R

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I just dont know how you go from the designs of an FD2, which in my opinion is the best looking Civic typeR... to that bloated monstrosity.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Opinions they're like arse holes everyone has one

Aye but only arse holes have Hondas :p

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Didn't have a long lifespan. Production now finished.

The final 100 models will be called the 'Black Edition' and round off a run of 2500 UK models.

AutoExpress: Honda Civic Type R Black Edition ends Mk9 Civic production

_dsc4039-edit.jpg

Limited edition hot Civic marks the end of the road for the ninth generation Civic, ahead of new model appearing later this year.

Called the Civic Type R Black Edition, the car will be built in a batch of 100 that rounds off a run of 2,500 UK Type R Civics. Production of the Type R at the Japanese marque’s Swindon factory is now over, and the Wiltshire plant is now gearing up to manufacture the new tenth generation Civic ahead of it going on sale in the UK in March.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Was doing my usual perusal of UCNI and they haven't half been shedding their value.... although by not much more than a few of the Cupra280's on their also

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
When its up against the Focus RS and Golf R at the same price is it any wonder it hasn't sold well. It needed to be £25,000

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
One of my favourite Clarkson quotes is something along the lines of: "If you buy a Civic type R…all you end up with is a Honda"

Wouldn't even consider a Civic when looking for a new car.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
There's a fair number of people who still like their performance with a bit of the mad looks though, would've thought it would have found its home with them. Whereas the golf is just a tweaked GTI, with a golf R on one side, Clubsport S on another, and a Cupra290 on another still.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
There's a fair number of people who still like their performance with a bit of the mad looks though, would've thought it would have found its home with them. Whereas the golf is just a tweaked GTI, with a golf R on one side, Clubsport S on another, and a Cupra290 on another still.
Honda made a mistake trying to turn the car into something that would suit a Fast and Furious film, most people don't want to own something like that.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Honda made a mistake trying to turn the car into something that would suit a Fast and Furious film, most people don't want to own something like that.

The real killer was that the concept had some lovely details, and nice smooth arches. Then they went and made the released car all transformer-style edges!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Lots of mixed opinions on these. With that said, most owners I've heard of have loved them. Evo ran one as a fleet car for a while there and whilst the guy didn't have it as his first choice by any stretch of the imagination, he ended up liking it a lot.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I have only ever seen one of these in the metal on the road and its owned by a mate. He loves it though.

56oval

RMS Regular
Its a tough gig, when the ek9 was replaced by the ep3 the fanboys shed a tear, many tears, but in reality the ep3 made a great fist of it in its class when it was launched, way back when you could run rings around vw's bloated flagship R32 on a dailly basis the ep3 cemented its share of the market with ease. The birth of the superhatch set the cat amongst the pigeons and honda were too slow off the mark in sending the fn2 out with the k20 in a marketplace that was leaving it behind. You only have to look at fn2 prices vs ep3 to know which one will hold a candle in years to come. If the Fn2 was to be Hondas naturally aspirated hot hatch swan song they should have rolled out a lightweight 250 bhp limited number, they didnt and thats the end of it ** edit!! The Mugen was pretty much this but at near 40 grand uptake was low 16 units sold in the uk and by then it was too late. Now they have finally caught up and entered the super hatch party by all accounts they made a decent job of it in performance and handling stakes, the exterior is the toughest call, vw's R32 looked like it was so much more than the ep3 all those years back, now it looks like the rolls have somewhat reversed a smidge. If this was their first attempt at a superhatch surely the next incarnation will be a peach rather than dare i say an eaton mess ( which i like )

Last edited:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
One thing that will help it's future popularity is it's tunability - the usual stage 2 combo of intake, intercooler, downpipe and remap is seeing 370-400bhp.

56oval

RMS Regular
One thing that will help it's future popularity is it's tunability - the usual stage 2 combo of intake, intercooler, downpipe and remap is seeing 370-400bhp.

Yeah because 250 in a Honda always made swift progress.

" braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap "

Grab second

" braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap "

Grab third

" braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap "

Traction,
back of the net ive moved 500 yards!!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Yeah because 250 in a Honda always made swift progress.

" braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap "

Grab second

" braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap "

Grab third

" braap braap braap braap braap braap braap braap "

Traction,
back of the net ive moved 500 yards!!

Haha, only now it's brrrrriipppppp-TISSSSHHHH!