Compressors

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
We've just had a container off s.i.p. professional compressors arrive from their Italian factory.

These have steel guards and absolutely nothing Chinese on them, not cheap at £415 + vat for the biggest 200L one but they're a superb machine. We're the only ones importing them into the uk. There is also 150 and 100 litre in stock in full 3 hp belt drive format, along with the usual range of sealed and draper 100/50/25 litre machines with various motor set up's.

2dje7ti.jpg

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Ps my computer has started uploading photos on their side and nothing can make it change its mind.....any tips?

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Off topic but was in with you guys yesterday- dealt with Paul- helpful guy! Still never cease to amaze me by the size of the place ha. The wood sculpting display outside was class too!

image.jpeg

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Yeah thats ray, he's very good at what he does. Doesn't work for us but we let him use our premises as he creates a lot of interest!!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@lightning have you anymore info on the 200L compressor? Want something good for the new shed and that sounds the job. Guessing it's up to most DIY stuff and won't constantly be kicking in top up the tank? How noisy are they?

Will have to call up when I get home and get a few things anyways so may lift one of these an all (y)

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning have you anymore info on the 200L compressor? Want something good for the new shed and that sounds the job. Guessing it's up to most DIY stuff and won't constantly be kicking in top up the tank? How noisy are they?

Will have to call up when I get home and get a few things anyways so may lift one of these an all (y)

Yeah they're 3hp belt drive, prob overkill for what you need but if you have the space then go for it as you dont save much money on the smaller tank sizes. Not too noisy but I can let you hear one running.

johnm

RMS Regular
Sort of related to this as in its got to do with compressors, but do you service them at all or know where would?
We have one in the garage but one of the valve seals is gone so when it builds up it dumps air into the cylinder and stops it from full reach so its a dash to run over and switch it off before it goes kaput! lol.
Dont have the make or model number to hand but will be down there tomorrow,

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Yeah we service compressors as long as it's a decent make we can source parts for (y)

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Simon, would you mind sending me over prices for a 150l compressor of a decent make/quality please, no rush.
Would love to go for a 200L beast but it's just overkill for what I would need it for.
Cheers :grinning:
@lightning

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Simon, would you mind sending me over prices for a 150l compressor of a decent make/quality please, no rush.
Would love to go for a 200L beast but it's just overkill for what I would need it for.
Cheers :grinning:
@lightning

Theres only £25 difference in the 150 and 200 due to being the same thing less a bit of metal. So £389+ roughly. We have the non professional belt drive 3hp sip in stock at £345+vat. After that you go down the cheaper brand route e.g. jefferson or something but wouldn't recommend that.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Theres only £25 difference in the 150 and 200 due to being the same thing less a bit of metal. So £389+ roughly. We have the non professional belt drive 3hp sip in stock at £345+vat. After that you go down the cheaper brand route e.g. jefferson or something but wouldn't recommend that.

Is there much price difference on the 100L model?

amcm1

RMS Regular
Have you any deals on at the minute or coming up to Christmas on the compressors? Only for hobby use and won't see a lot of abuse but would like something of decent quality and enough puff to run air tools. How does the Sip professional and non professional compare? Would the cheaper sip stuff be in the same range as sealey etc or would it be slightly better and better value for money?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@lightning do you have plenty compressors in stock at the minute? Going to call up tomorrow to hopefully get one if you're about.

And different subject, but do you stock oil drainers at all? Was the Sealey AK80D I was looking at as noticed it's in their new year sale. If so I'll grab one of them an all (y)

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning do you have plenty compressors in stock at the minute? Going to call up tomorrow to hopefully get one if you're about.

And different subject, but do you stock oil drainers at all? Was the Sealey AK80D I was looking at as noticed it's in their new year sale. If so I'll grab one of them an all (y)

Yes loads in stock. I'll send a pm now.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Just a general question....are upright compressors available where the tank stands on end and the motor and pump is at the top? Single phase, 3hp, maybe 100-200 litres. They seem like a good idea for saving space but I rarely ever see them. (Seem more common in other countries.)

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Just a general question....are upright compressors available where the tank stands on end and the motor and pump is at the top? Single phase, 3hp, maybe 100-200 litres. They seem like a good idea for saving space but I rarely ever see them. (Seem more common in other countries.)

We've supplied a few of these, think they're coming in under £300, good enough machine tho not popular.

SIP Industrial Products Ltd - SIP | V300/100 Air Compressor

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Hi @lightning,

Looking to upgrade the compressor to something with a bit more air delivery. Was originally looking at SGSs 100L as it had a CFM of 14.6, but the postage really puts me off ordering from then and would prefer to stay local.
Do you have anything the would match that spec or better it within <~£300 price range?

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Hi @lightning,

Looking to upgrade the compressor to something with a bit more air delivery. Was originally looking at SGSs 100L as it had a CFM of 14.6, but the postage really puts me off ordering from then and would prefer to stay local.
Do you have anything the would match that spec or better it within <~£300 price range?

yes pm being sent!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Purchased one of the 200l professional SIP compressors from @lightning at the weekend as i was tired of my 2hp 50l unit almost running constantly, it's a fantastic bif of kit I wish i had made the plunge earlier. Couldn't recomend one enough to anybody who has been sitting on the fence contemplating one for the past few months like I did.