Cosmic EP3 type r

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
The filter on your intake looks dirty,as for the pipe from intake going into rocker cover get a rocker breather or a pipe just running to back of engine. Recirculating crap back into engine. Nice looking wee motor

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Cheers mate it's getting there
The filter has a injen hyrdollock sock on it chum that's prob why looks dirty lol,

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Cheers mate it's getting there
The filter has a injen hyrdollock sock on it chum that's prob why looks dirty lol,
No problem mate, I wouldn't be in a rush to change the intake, if it's mapped for that and goes well why bother if your not chasing numbers? My mate had a mapped dc5 with same intake and it went really well. Always loved the cosmic grey in them

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
No problem mate, I wouldn't be in a rush to change the intake, if it's mapped for that and goes well why bother if your not chasing numbers? My mate had a mapped dc5 with same intake and it went really well. Always loved the cosmic grey in them
Cheers mate, we don't know bout the map I have printout and invoices for tdi North at 254hp, it made 230hp over here, so it could of had different intake cams etc and the map would need adjusted anyways, if I'm getting the mapped tested no point having that induction kit on might as well go for teg m

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Cheers mate, we don't know bout the map I have printout and invoices for tdi North at 254hp, it made 230hp over here, so it could of had different intake cams etc and the map would need adjusted anyways, if I'm getting the mapped tested no point having that induction kit on might as well go for teg m

If you think that's true then it would need a full remap.

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
If you think that's true then it would need a full remap.
That's what Iv been saying I'm not sure and the only way to test is test the map so might as well do it with a tegiwa intake on it, I'm happy with the car 100% don't get me wrong but might as well have the full potential of the modifications

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
That's what Iv been saying I'm not sure and the only way to test is test the map so might as well do it with a tegiwa intake on it, I'm happy with the car 100% don't get me wrong but might as well have the full potential of the modifications

Does it still have the bigger TB and inlet on?

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Yeah still 70mm rbc, not sure bout TB till get induction kit off but it looks like still a bigger than standard

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Yeah still running kpro mate Iv see the ecu vtec comes in at 4.5k and revs to near 9k
Never mentioned it wasn't running kpro chum

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Give the car a good service earlier after work
Car had ngk laser Iridium plugs & coolant flush with Honda coolant just before I bought it
image.jpg

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Got round to doing my 1st drag event down at bishops court personal best time of 14.1 which I was really pleased bout came 4th in my class
I was aiming for mid 14's high 14's
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Got doing bout 10-11 runs then heard a weird noise coming from the engine bay which I thought was a bearing on the idler pulley nursed is home and on way home the pulley arm actually snapped off pulled up with 10 secs of it happening turned it off
image.jpg
image.jpg

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Had the front bumper done which was in need of it was stone chips all over and cracks on splitter etc I would only let one person paint my cars that's Chris up at assist autogroup and shout out to Stuarty up there as well for sorting the pulley out great job as usual, they even buffed the headlights for me lol
car is sitting pretty mint and the way I wanted it,
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Tell me, what sort of noise did the idler pulley before it shat the bed? I think mine is making a high pitched whinning noise at the moment.

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Tell me, what sort of noise did the idler pulley before it shat the bed? I think mine is making a high pitched whinning noise at the moment.
Iv had the bearing noise before on previous ep3 but this was different sound fella that done it said it actually had a stretched bolt and it was loose and that is why it snapped was loose and the tension of the aux belt pulled it off

AndyG

RMS Regular

That will be it, take a big screw driver and put it on the bolt and put your ear to the handle you will here if the bearings away, you can also just replace the bearing inside for a few ££ think I've the bearing number if you need it..

Cars looking brilliant now @white sport cant best a bit of fresh cosmic grey!

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
that part you have replaced. mine is making grinding noise. not load. as if its not spining smoothly . the tone of it spining changes when listening to it . :confounded:

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
That will be it, take a big screw driver and put it on the bolt and put your ear to the handle you will here if the bearings away, you can also just replace the bearing inside for a few ££ think I've the bearing number if you need it..

Cars looking brilliant now @white sport cant best a bit of fresh cosmic grey!
Cheers Andy it's coming along nicely will have to meet let me see the itb's in person lol

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
that part you have replaced. mine is making grinding noise. not load. as if its not spining smoothly . the tone of it spining changes when listening to it . :confounded:
I just done the full lot cause my bracket broke and there was no way of fixing it so had to buy a new 1 or could of went 2nd hand but rather new lol u can replace the actual bearing itself only cost £3

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5

Was looking at the new ones actually and think i'm going to press the old bearing out just as the pulley itself is grand.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.