Cracked headlight - MOT failure?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Light is working, but the glass is broken on the front headlight. Would this be in MOT failure? Going in for test later this week :worried:

colin05

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing at the m
My headlight has a crack up in the inside of it, light works fine...passed last week, guy never mentioned it.

Think as long as it doesnt affect the alignment it would be fine.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, apparently ok as long as it passes the beam tester.

Mine is cracked with a piece the size of a 50p coin missing :worried: Stone chip I guess. New one going in today, then the test on Thursday.

There is always something like this at MoT time ffs :worried:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
my wee bros starlet passed ok, there even a bit of the glass inside the light.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Im guessing they missed it just, be amazed if it wasnt a fail tbh.

dont forget to get it aligned nick, or DIY align it (mark before, dont move car, replace light, adjust to marks).

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Im guessing they missed it just, be amazed if it wasnt a fail tbh.

dont forget to get it aligned nick, or DIY align it (mark before, dont move car, replace light, adjust to marks).

i was amazed it passed tbh

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR

No time to try myself. Too tight in there for a turnip anyway. Increadible how much stuff they have crammed into that engine bay :eek:

Got a new light and left it all at AutoQ. Just got a message, they are done already :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Aaargh, new light failed on alignment, way out :worried: Took it back to the garage, looked much better on their alignment thingy. Very odd.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
the same happened on my car, got headlight alignment check, failed, took it back and they told me it was fine. I think the garage fixed it first and then told me it was fine to avoid paying for my retest. it then passed no probs.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I was there when they checked it the second time. They did adjust it a bit, but it was nowhere near as bad as at the MoT centre. It was just pure white at the MoT centre, completely out. Very odd.

Noticed some fog on the inside of the glass when I got to the garage. Maybe that messed up the beam during the test?

Retest tonight, finger's crossed...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Flew past on the retest last night, no problem at all. Hmmm...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.