Daihatsu Hijet/Bedford Rascal/Suzuki Supercarry wanted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Any of the above will do. Looking for a good clean version of either; Daihatsu Hi-jet (preferred due to extra roof height), Bedford Rascal or Suzuki Supercarry.

Would also consider the old Subaru Sumo.

These seem to be very sought after wee vans so anything considered. Would prefer not to have to go to the mainland for something as stupidly comical as this!

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Dunno, just a bit of fun... pimp my hi-jet :laughing:

I have visions of lowering with wide mini-lite rims, extended arches and the biggest engine I can squeeze in. Always had a soft spot for these little yokes. I used to have a Bedford Rascal many years ago that I raked around the field in - pity I cut it up for scrap with the prices they're going for now!

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Aye, I never managed that myself but it fairly drifted in the field.

I remember it getting stuck in the mud and I put it in first gear, jumped out leaving the rear wheels spinning at idle and went round the back and pushed it... then as it started to move out of the muck I ran back round and jumped in. Ahh those were the days lol.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Rascal087.jpg

This one's been lowered 60mm at the front and 80mm at the rear. Nice.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There's going to be some great projects on the go here over the next few months!!!

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I had thought about the A team lookalikey but I'd rather go with something more subtle like the one above. Might end up using it for a bit of promotional work for my business - who knows.

Going to look at a wee Suzuki Supercarry tomorrow which is essentially the same as the Rascal. Need to make some room though - really need to sell the pickup and then I'll have loads of room ;)

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Tell me about it... I bought my little old blue one for £30 about 9 years ago. Still have the tax book but no van :worried:

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
The 1.3 HiJet would be the one to go for, it comes with the Charade 1.3 16v engine, the one I had embarrassed a few SR novas at the Sunday Night Traffic Light Gran Prix in Bangor lol

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I'm on the lookout for another Bedford Rascal, must be completely standard and in a light blue colour. Will consider other colours though in any condition. Van only - not the pickup or motorhome.

Jonesy

RMS Regular
I'm on the lookout for another Bedford Rascal, must be completely standard and in a light blue colour. Will consider other colours though in any condition. Van only - not the pickup or motorhome.
Did you sell other ones?

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Yea, sold them all 5 years ago when my son was born thinking I wouldn't get the use out of them anymore. The annoying thing is that they were all exported so I have chance of buying them back.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
If that's in NI I must have it.

EDIT: He won't disclose the location though :sob:

Last edited:

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Please do... I found the location and visited it to try and find out more but no one knew anything about it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.