Dash Cam hard wire

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

SandLake

RMS Member
Drives
VW Tiguan
Following coming off worst against a white van I decided to get a dash cam, a Mini 0906 front/rear camera setup.

I have the front camera hooked up using the cigarette lighter socket but I would like it hard wired, does anyone on here do that (I break things!) or know of anyone?

I'm in Antrim but happy to travel a bit.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Ollie at Sourceincar off of face tubes will fit it for you. If you haven't got the skills to determine what wire to tap into then a warning light reset will cost more to switch off!
@OLLIeCrX is his handle on here

eamon343

RMS Regular
Its real easy to do yourself, just 2 wires. I fitted another 12 socket into a cuby hole under the steering wheel and just plug the cigarette plug that came with the camera into that. So it can be easily removed.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Can get a power kit that will piggy back off a fuse in the fuse box too, never used one but looks a handy way of doing these

SandLake

RMS Member
OP
S
Drives
VW Tiguan
I am particularly ham-fisted, it would not be a good idea for me to do. Thanks CarTunes, I'll give OllieCRX a shout

smb1

RMS Regular
Drives
golf gti
I got the kit from Halfords,£15,its a gift to fit

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Following coming off worst against a white van I decided to get a dash cam, a Mini 0906 front/rear camera setup.

I have the front camera hooked up using the cigarette lighter socket but I would like it hard wired, does anyone on here do that (I break things!) or know of anyone?

I'm in Antrim but happy to travel a bit.
I'm home for a week if you want to pop over..... and still need it doing!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.