Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
He should have launched the phone much further simply because the p***k pulled out in front of him.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
On the news a lot this one

This guy is a complete and total bellend... only good thing is no one else was injured
around the 3 min mark for the crash (you don't see anything)

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Saw this magic on the way home... Sat there the duration of the lights like nothing was wrong and then proceeded to nearly wipe out the 106 who was adamant they where not letting them in... I stopped far enough back to let them in - in hope but no :worried:

uDBznsZ.jpg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
On the news a lot this one

This guy is a complete and total bellend... only good thing is no one else was injured
around the 3 min mark for the crash (you don't see anything)

Still stupid they way they seem to mostly apportion that to speeding at least as far as the headline goes.. The fact he was filming himself, listening to utter ***** and weaving all over the road among traffic....clearly had nothing to do with it vs the speed. More appropriate would have been "****ing bellend drives dangerously whilst filming etc"

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Saw this magic on the way home... Sat there the duration of the lights like nothing was wrong and then proceeded to nearly wipe out the 106 who was adamant they where not letting them in... I stopped far enough back to let them in - in hope but no :worried:

uDBznsZ.jpg
LMAO... i know it's a Mexican plate and all but seriously how the hell could you mistaken for being on the wrong side of the road in broad daylight!

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Still stupid they way they seem to mostly apportion that to speeding at least as far as the headline goes.. The fact he was filming himself, listening to utter ***** and weaving all over the road among traffic....clearly had nothing to do with it vs the speed. More appropriate would have been "****ing bellend drives dangerously whilst filming etc"
100% agree, found myself getting annoyed when he kept flicking the camera back to selfie mode just so he could look directly at the camera and mime the words. If he wipes himself out via a wall so be it, but driving like a complete tool and endangering other people is what annoys me most

NotKG

Banned
thats nothing, done it 100 times on the bike through towns in france a few months ago, cars coming straight at me, just slowed and waved me over. no one died.
the gringo's drive on the same side, but use the hard shoulder a lot. maybe someone joked with them, "if you go up north,they drive on the other side" and they believed them. ; lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Very tempted these days to get a dash cam, seeing them in cars now all the time

Anyone recommend something small, large memory, HD quality that wont break the bank?

Do people here have them front and rear?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I've only front...but in a van with solid rear doors a rear one would take a little more work.

For 1080 HD, a 32gb card will hold a little over 4 hours. They almost all take micro SD cards. 64gb can extend that to a little over 8 hours. Dont think there are too many that offer more capacity though and some may not take 64gb cards

£100 should easily get you a very good one, but there are cheaper and more expensive.

I've used the DOD LS360W and it's great. Cant fault it. Also used a cheaper Dexors X7. It's ok, quality still good, but the DOD is a far better more functional camera.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
LMAO... i know it's a Mexican plate and all but seriously how the hell could you mistaken for being on the wrong side of the road in broad daylight!
That's fairly standard. One scared the muck outta me on a roundabout in Larne once taking it totally the wrong way... I stood so hard on the back brake to get the motorbike upright, that I bent the lever!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
£8 from china video's this.

Pretty stupid, especially with the bus being marked on the back for doing the school run.

Got to say though, you can guarantee those Ulsterbus drivers will put the foot down if they see you trying to overtake when they leave a bus stop.

NotKG

Banned
my £8 is like all yellow and bright at night like a yellow motorbike visor, really vivid like night vision on the cheap, only issue is lt looks like a constant flicker on the screen like frame rating, but i haven't took of a night video to see if it's the same. but for the money, it's hardly worth complaining.

NotKG

Banned
Pretty stupid, especially with the bus being marked on the back for doing the school run.

Got to say though, you can guarantee those Ulsterbus drivers will put the foot down if they see you trying to overtake when they leave a bus stop.
overtaking on a known road near the brow of a hill, yea, stooooopid ! think the bis like i done in my hgv has the right to move off if taking up an entire lane, but he is supposed to be checking his mirrors for bell ends like this. he's sort of right, but wrong. the car is local, i see it most days, when i caught up with it further down the road, it then pulled in to shops, girl driving, 2 kids in baby seats in the back.
think she's extra stupid for just trying the manoeuver in the first place, like some stupid people out there that wouldn't think the bus was going to move off again. , could have went horribly wrong by 2 more seconds. hopefully both kids were hers, sort of in a badly worded way,,, . be more horific if she got someone elses child hurt.