Deep Black Pearl Golf R

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
So the Clubman is gone and this is the replacement - 2016 Deep Black Pearl Golf R, 3 Door DSG.
Got the boat over to Cairnryan, signed for it and drove 200 yards round the terminal carpark and queued for the return boat! Obligatory ferry queue pic -

image.jpeg

There won't be much happening with this as its a lease and that was intentional. It's not mine so I can't blow thousands on modifications! Again as its a lease there was no point pouring cash into optional extras as the need to be paid for over the 24 month lease period so not worth it for me. I'd have loved the 19" Pretoria wheel option but it was an extra £40 per month. The only option is the black pearl paint and this was because there were 3 cars in stock available on the particular lease deal I got so didn't have to wait long for delivery (about 4 weeks and that was mostly down to sorting paperwork).
There's quite a few of these on RMS now and for good reason, they're a fantastic and understated all-rounder. I'm in my 40s now and fancied something with a nice turn of pace and my daughter isn't embarrassed to be dropped off / picked up in. As much as I loved my modified Clubman, I had outgrown it. I also wanted DSG as I'm bored of manual cars especially sitting in traffic. I'm absolutely a DSG convert, it's fantastic. Yes there's a couple of minor issues where it may not get the correct gear you were expecting but a quick flick of either paddle sorts that very easily. I also like the 4Motion AWD which gives fantastic traction and sure-footed road handling. It's also pretty quick, quick enough for me. I know there's quicker stuff out there but to be honest they didn't really interest me.
They're pretty well specced too for the base model with xenons, Active Cruise Control (this is fantastastic) DAB, Auto lights / wipers, folding mirrors to name a few. I'd have liked CarPlay to integrate my iPhone better but my HU can't (from what I've read) have that option enabled. The interior is a very nice place to be and the blue illuminated highlights on the doors and kick plates are a nice touch.

So far I've transferred my plate over which makes it feel like I own it! Future plans are to get it booked in with @big_pete and the guys over at PMG to get the Getechniq Crystal Serum and Exo treatment as the paint is very, very easily marked. It may seem a bit pointless to some folk to pay for this on a lease but I still like my car to be clean and it will be much easier looked after for the time I have it.

image.jpeg

I did manage to kerb 2 wheels after owning it 2 weeks so need to get them sorted to stop my OCD going into overdrive!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Must get some decent pics as the black looks stunning when clean.

image.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Nice one D - how was the handover? Ive to get my Leon on thursday :grinning:

Very easy. Guy pulled up outside the terminal at the passenger set down area. Has a look over the car (he'd gave it a wash as he was a bit early), signed for it on his tablet, job done. 10 mins tops. I went over with @richie_mck as he was picking up his estate at the same time. He had to drop his delivery driver to Stranraer but still made the return boat by the skin of his teeth! Good luck (y)

Very nice and not many around in black. They're the perfect all-rounder. HTD.

Lovely wagon! Havent seen a black one in the flesh as yet! Enjoy!

I've never seen another black one on the roads yet which surprises me. My boss has a Limestone Grey 4 door on Prets and its tremendous looking. I love them in black pearl though.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Lovely David. Health to enjoy

Cheers Jonny (y) Was up your part of the world today, well nearly, Gracehill
So someone drove it up? Does that come out of your mileage allowance?

Yup. Your mileage counts from the moment you take delivery - not when it first leaves the dealership.

Yeah, guy drove it up from Chester then got the train back. As Chris says, he takes a note of the delivery mileage and your allowance starts from when you take delivery. Mine was at 286 miles.
I only have a 5K allowance p/a but I've done 1500 in 11 weeks so if I keep that up I'll be 4K miles over! That's only £240 ish so still cheaper than upping the mileage allowance to 8K. Only a tenner a month when you split it over the 2 years.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Told you the paint is grim on them lol CS will make a job of it though :grinning:

No nasty fees for condition upon return then too :grinning:

I still havent has a drive in on of these and we must have done nearly 60of them by now lol

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Looks so good in Black, must say I did consider it as an option.
Totally agree it's the best all rounder ATM (y)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Told you the paint is grim on them lol CS will make a job of it though :grinning:

No nasty fees for condition upon return then too :grinning:

I still havent has a drive in on of these and we must have done nearly 60of them by now lol

Meant to call over while I was off to book in but never got a chance FFS!
You can get a drive in it when you deliver it back to me (y):p

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Looks so good in Black, must say I did consider it as an option.
Totally agree it's the best all rounder ATM (y)

The RS is probably quicker and more raw and the Civic's looks are questionable (in my opinion). This suits me perfectly.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Looks really well nice to see one not the norm colours. That's the thing when they do a good car on a good lease deal, my heart sank when a guy in work told me about the Cupra deals but I have had mine near a year and still smile every drive.