IMG_0067.JPG

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Saw this at PMG. Stunning. So glossy!

Delighted with how it came up. Should have go this done when I picked it up as there's a couple of small marks (bird etchings mostly) already that wouldn't come out. The paint on these really needs protecting.
I'm going to order some Gtechniq stuff now to maintain it. Also need to sort the interior out especially the inside of the glass.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Cleared out some of my detailing stuff to make room for this lot. Waiting on some G6 Perfect Glass and some W2 Universal Cleaner to complete the haul.

IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG

Managed to get some scratches on the top of the rear bumper that didn't come out so will need to get a vinyl strip fitted to cover and protect from more scratches.

IMG_0127.JPG

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
After reading this thread, I think I'll be getting my caddy deep black pearl

Looks stunning

Funny we are getting the whole place repainted next month but I'm going to tile the floor this time as the floor paint never ever lasts lol
Would you not consider getting the floor done in those R-Tek tiles like I put down.

Won't be cheap, but you will be able to lift it and move it and take it with you should you ever move premises.

£ for £ will be similar price to good proper epoxy

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
After reading this thread, I think I'll be getting my caddy deep black pearl

Looks stunning

Would you not consider getting the floor done in those R-Tek tiles like I put down.

Won't be cheap, but you will be able to lift it and move it and take it with you should you ever move premises.

£ for £ will be similar price to good proper epoxy

Have it booked to get properly epoxied. The rtech stuff is lovely but they don't take well to the volume of traffic we have apparently :worried: and quite difficult to clean

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Just checked my last post when I got the Gtechniq CS done at PMG and I'm embarrassed to say it hasn't been washed since :oops: I have cleaned the inside but have been too busy / lazy to do the outside so have yet to find out if the coating makes washing any easier.

Dirty pic -

IMG_0286.JPG

So the minor scratches on top of the rear bumper are now irritating me!
VW do a clear vinyl protector but I reckon the scratches may still be visible through it. Ordered this from Amazon -

Volkswagen GOLF VII 5 Door 2012 Onwards Matte Black Vinyl Bumper Protector With Easy Install Kit Volkswagen GOLF VII 5 Door 2012 Onwards Matte Black Vinyl Bumper Protector With Easy Install Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

It's matte black though but my thinking is use it as a template and get a local graphics place to cut me one in gloss or metallic black.

Michael is now doing diamond cut alloy refurbs so I'll be getting the 2 kerbed wheels done by him in the spring. No point in doing anything to them over the winter. If they stay dirty you can't see the marks anyway!

I've had this 7 months now and have 3500 miles on it so will be slightly over my 5K lease limit for the year. Not really an issue as it's only 5.2p per mile +VAT up to 10K extra miles. I'm only averaging 500 miles per month so will be around 2K miles over after the 2 year term. Still loving this car. Hard to know what I would replace it with for my next lease but it would need to be 300 ish bhp, Auto, 4WD and turbo petrol - so Golf R (facelift) or S3! I definitely don't miss torque steer and axel tramp of FWD.
Although the lease suits me I may consider buying a used one when my lease is up. JB4, lowered a smidge and spacers with TD 1.2s would be the job ;)
Haven't really paid much attention to what MPG I'm getting but it doesn't seem that hard on fuel. Still can't believe my insurance is just over £200!

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Doesn't look too dirty really after not been washed for a good while(y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Been thinking about a vinyl strip for ours funnily. Was thinking any of the local vinyl boys could do something but, didn't know there was a genuine VW part!

Love yours in black, looks great.

We got a refund on insurance from the CC, couldn't believe it!!

Last edited:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Doesn't look too dirty really after not been washed for a good while(y)

The pic is slightly deceptive! I may order some of Anachem's Articulate and snow foam and go for the non-contact wash solution until spring to keep it looking sort of respectable!

Been thinking about a bingley strip for ours funnily. Was thinking any of the local vinyl boys could do something but, didn't know there was a genuine VW part!

Love yours in black, looks great.

We got a refund on insurance from the CC, couldn't believe it!!

I think the VW one is a stupid price - £40 or something! I reckon Blackwater or Sticker Slickers would be cheaper, haven't checked though. We could get a couple made if you want one?

Blackwater Graphics

RMS Trader
The pic is slightly deceptive! I may order some of Anachem's Articulate and snow foam and go for the non-contact wash solution until spring to keep it looking sort of respectable!

I think the VW one is a stupid price - £40 or something! I reckon Blackwater or Sticker Slickers would be cheaper, haven't checked though. We could get a couple made if you want one?
We should be able to make you up something cheaper than that

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Tried Eco mode on a run to Cullybackey today and this was the mpg

IMG_0292.JPG

I'm sure it'll do better if you were trying but I'm not that hung up on fuel economy so that's the last time it's likely to be in Eco mode.
I'm currently using Individual mode set to mostly sport settings but with the fake engine sound set to Eco which greatly reduces the sound.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Tried Eco mode on a run to Cullybackey today and this was the mpg

View attachment 135621

I'm sure it'll do better if you were trying but I'm not that hung up on fuel economy so that's the last time it's likely to be in Eco mode.
I'm currently using Individual mode set to mostly sport settings but with the fake engine sound set to Eco which greatly reduces the sound.
That's exactly what my individual setting is at, I cannot stand that fake sound through the speakers8o|

Tried Eco once, don't like the way it drops the revs every time you come off the accelerator