Direct Line

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Civic0044

RMS Regular
Drives
CW FN2
I have just transfered my insurance over to directline from elephant as it was less than half my insurance.

I had my insurance void when i was 21, coming on 6 years ago and I have been paying high premiums ever since. I found directline by chance and noticed they only ask if your insurance has been voided up to 5 years where most companies ask you if you have EVER.

Just encase anyone is in a similar position with insurance I would recommend them.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
With them myself this year,by far a lot cheaper than anyone else I priced with (y)

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Gave me a delightful quote this year too. Saved me when admiral upped my renewal by 100%. A great bunch of lads.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I was with direct line for years but last year they put the price up big style on me and nothing changed.They are a very good company,have my house insurance with them and my mums car is insured with them.If they gave me a good price upon renewal I would go back no prob.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Must try them if I don't go back on trade. My renewal for the mondeo came in at 700 odd quid lolol

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I was with Direct Line for 10 years or so, then when I changed to the Astra (unmodified) - I had a very high quote of around £520 - so LV came to the rescue with a more sensible £305

A long and happy relationship ruined :worried:

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I was with Direct Line for 10 years or so, then when I changed to the Astra (unmodified) - I had a very high quote of around £520 - so LV came to the rescue with a more sensible £305

A long and happy relationship ruined :worried:
Same happened to me lol

symon

RMS Member
Drives
Honda Civic
how are they with modificiations? they don't seem too good for me, they come in at nearly £900 for a civic sport ep2, and £1200 for the integra dc5. bit weird lol

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
how are they with modificiations? they don't seem too good for me, they come in at nearly £900 for a civic sport ep2, and £1200 for the integra dc5. bit weird lol
It depends,they where ok with the aero kit on my 330 they only charged me extra for the skirts.But wen it came to renewal they told me my car was more desirable cause of the kit so the price rocketed.lol

Civic0044

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
CW FN2
Mine is £811 with protected no claims on an e92 m3, the car is standard so may increase if i was to add any mods.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Also with direct line, I contacted them to make them aware of me changing wheels etc, they said they don't need to know about that as their policy changed 12 months ago, it was £30 extra with Hughes last year every time I changed wheels(n)

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I phoned up direct line to get a quote as my renewal is due and i was quoted £1090 for my 330,the hilarious part was i told them i only paid £615 last year.Then i asked how much was it for the m240i and they say £770 with £500 access because it desireable.Itell ya car insurance is a pain.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
insured my tyre r with them for 700 quid. come renewal time id a 14 ibiza and wanted 850. no idea how they worked that out.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
insured my tyre r with them for 700 quid. come renewal time id a 14 ibiza and wanted 850. no idea how they worked that out.
I know sure confused.com came up £657 for the 330 £693 for the m240i and for a laugh i typed in a 16 m3 competition package and it came in at £637 how ironic an m3 is cheaper yet is more desireable and dangerous.lol.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Gave me a delightful quote this year too. Saved me when admiral upped my renewal by 100%. A great bunch of lads.

Admiral want £178 off me to change from an old import mx5 to a 2004 Octavia tdi for the remaining 6 months. Tried discussing it with them on the phone but all the Indian girl said was that she didn't understand my point lol

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
Admiral want £178 off me to change from an old import mx5 to a 2004 Octavia tdi for the remaining 6 months. Tried discussing it with them on the phone but all the Indian girl said was that she didn't understand my point lol

Had a similar situation with them. Tell them you want to speak to someone in the UK call center and have this referred. They pulled some bull**** over statistically you can have a accident in a car in the first six months crap and they based this on their own research. Once you bite back at them they will drop the charge.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Had a similar situation with them. Tell them you want to speak to someone in the UK call center and have this referred. They pulled some bull**** over statistically you can have a accident in a car in the first six months crap and they based this on their own research. Once you bite back at them they will drop the charge.

That's exactly what they said! And the Mazda is a 1.8 and the Skoda is 1.9! I have emailed them and told them I'm not happy and if they don't come back with a more realistic price I will be forced to cancel my policy and go else where. They are currently waiting on a response from their pricing team.

I was expecting no charge or a few quid back.

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
I was swapping the wee bro over from a 2003 Lexus IS200 to a 01 Skoda Octavia SDI. They tried to tell me that it was more of a risk as it was just recently purchased and your more at risk of an accident. My argument was how can you use your own statistics as a benchmark and penalize people? They wanted £145 to change over. I stood firm and asked them to refer to the underwriters who make up these statistics. Two days later I was called back by the UK agent and they waived their fee and I had to pay nominal sum as they called it. £5 later it was all sorted.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Admiral were surprisingly good when I changed from the 5 year derv Scirocco to the brand new Golf R. They wanted a whole £9.95. I paid and a didn't argue with them.

Brought the cost of the year to £330 all in.

eamon343

RMS Regular
They still want £178 to change, I have asked for a number for their UK office so I can arrange cancellation

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
Ask to speak or have it referred to the underwriters. And don't take their BS answer of statistics. If you fight them they will back down.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.