Disabled tax class stopping me taxing car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Bought a car and now the v5 has come i see the tax class is disabled. Problem is I have moved my insurance over so need to tax the car and to change it i need the mot cert. And guess what i have no mot cert.
Car was MOTed on mainland so local mot centre can't help.
Anyone any idea what I can to sort this quickly?

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
First time taxing in your name has to be done in the post office. They can change the tax class there and then and will send you tax book away to change it to reflect this.

Regarding MOT when they punch in ref they will see that it has a valid mot

MarkP

RMS Regular
OP
MarkP
Drives
zafira :-(
Thanks Chris. It says you need a copy of mot cert though which i dont have so that will probably mess it up.

pablo

RMS Moderator
PO can check it. does it show as MOTed on the dvla checker? print that out too just in case.

worth a punt.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
I had a row with the girl in my local post office, as she told me wasn't taxing my car unless I brought in an MOT cert. I tried explaining that my car was 3 years old and has not had its first mot yet and her reply was "well you need to go and get an mot because im not taxing it without an MOT cert". I just went to creightons and they taxed it

hippyross

RMS Regular
I had a row with the girl in my local post office, as she told me wasn't taxing my car unless I brought in an MOT cert. I tried explaining that my car was 3 years old and has not had its first mot yet and her reply was "well you need to go and get an mot because im not taxing it without an MOT cert". I just went to creightons and they taxed it

That's not the first time I've heard that.
I taxed a 1999 clio on Monday without an mot cert.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X

Fair play to you but I would have put the thran head on and not budged till it was taxed

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Fair play to you but I would have put the thran head on and not budged till it was taxed
I spent about 20 minutes arguing and it was getting me no where, even though I showed her the post office web site on my phone which says you only need the new owners slip and insurance she was having non of it

NotKG

Banned
i drove out of the mot centre and round to post office and they wouldn't tax it with the mot in my hand,, as it only happened and their pc didn't update to the middle of the night. had to go back the next morning and it was taxed without issue.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.