Drink Driving Laws

What way shopuld the drink drive laws be?

• leave the laws as they are

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • change the laws for under 25's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a zero tolerance policy across the board for all drivers

Votes: 43 79.6%

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Sir Sax said:
If you don't know when your feeling 100% then dear help you, because no-one is going to hold your hand and say..."there there dear, your feeling fine, off you go" Have to let go off mummies apron strings some day and start acting out your own responsiblities.

No idea where all that came from. I am perfectly capable of knowing how I feel, strangely enough, and about 99% of the time I feel perfectly capable of driving when a little tired.

I appreciate what you are saying, but I cant agree and see it as totally unrealistic.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Forget who mentioned it and can't be ar53d searching back but the FIT (Field Impairment Tests) as used in the USA are now being used over here, they can determine throught the results if a driver has drink or drugs or both in their system and 9 times out of 10 actually give you an indication of what drug it is according to the results you get..

A bit off topic but i thought relevant..

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
avo5021 said:
Forget who mentioned it and can't be ar53d searching back but the FIT (Field Impairment Tests) as used in the USA are now being used over here, they can determine throught the results if a driver has drink or drugs or both in their system and 9 times out of 10 actually give you an indication of what drug it is according to the results you get..

A bit off topic but i thought relevant..

Some of these are completely stupid IMO, a completely sober person couldn't pass them :party:

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
What's the main procedure for drugs testing now? Do they use a wee eye chart to see how big your pupils are or what?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Sir Sax said:
Unless we're all medical experts then we haven't a clue about our metabolism, what your saying is one rule for you and another for everyone else. If we're all subject to the same rules then who can complain when something goes horribly wrong.

If you screw up at the wheel under any circumstances, you have yourselves to blame but you must take into account every other road user and pedestrian, as your playing with other peoples lives, not just your own.
Think you have misunderstood. Firstly I don't drink and drive, full stop. Secondly I think zero tolerance won't work, but a lowering of the limit will help. Thirdly if anyone persists in breaking the law then they should be dealt with severely. Since you don't drink then it won't affect you. End of

avo5021

RMS Regular
The tests are actually well designed and they do exactly what it says on the tin... they do have a chart for the pupils size along with a few other things.. its all based on thinking and cordination... ah see what you mean now, some would have difficutly with it...!!

Avo..

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
avo5021 said:
The tests are actually well designed and they do exactly what it says on the tin... they do have a chart for the pupils size along with a few other things.. its all based on thinking and cordination... ah see what you mean now, some would have difficutly with it...!!

Avo..

I appreciate that they were thought up by people smarter than I but for example, at night, in the dark, the pupil dilates much more than normal. That doesn't mean that someones off their tits :party:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Sir Sax said:
I believe in zero tolerance for drink driving and i've stated my views, so i'll leave it at that.
...I can't agree with your views on the '100%' thing but if you don't drink and drive you are one less driver to worry about on the roads (y) :p

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
avo5021 said:

Avo..
Aw no, they normally can never tell when im off my face on pills! :worried:

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
They pulled me over one time after I had 11 pills - I was wearing sunglasses so they couldn't see my pupils but what gave it away was when I tried to hug the peeler.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I think you should only be allowed 1 drink/1 unit, but that needs to be quantified more clearly in bars/restaurants etc. How many of us aren't actually sure how much is allowed???

I am not 100% sure what the limit is, therefore I never touch a drink when I'm driving.

As for getting caught the next day, we've all been there! We just need to be a bit more careful and responsible if driving the next morning, if we're still pissed then take the day off and spend it bed!! :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.