E46 Tourings - Daily & TrampDrifter

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Looking well Hamyard!
My mates Ma used to have a 330i Touring M Sport that shape and to this days it was one of the best looking cars I've ever seen.

J-VW

RMS Regular
Love this. Just acquired a pre facelift 320d touring myself to daily away at. Will keep an eye out for yours about Carrick

JH86

RMS Regular
OP
JH86
Facelift 325ci coupe joined the family,

Seen on fb forsale 12mnths mot
Very clean very straight and honest but hes keeping front and rear lights cant blame him there worth more than the car

20170104_083623-01.jpeg

JH86

RMS Regular
OP
JH86
325i touring is showing early signs of CCV failure so grab the bull by the horns and fathom up a way of removing it completly and retaining as much crank case vacuum as possible to prevent oil in combustion

Its only a road drifter with a short life span so no sense in paying a fortune to replace the bs ccv system

Should be built up when the odds and ends arrive

The 320d touring is just back from paint, but theres a change of plan style wise will post more when those parts arrive/are fabricated

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Where are you planning on doing the tramp drifting? Wouldn't mind a skelp or two out myself if you know of any events.

JH86

RMS Regular
OP
JH86
Nutts corner oval used a 525i last year but never really liked it, so it was getting clutch kicked in to the wall, until i spun and my mate drove his volvo straight through the e39 fit ******* tho

JH86

RMS Regular
OP
JH86
Abit more on the 320d daily

After the damage that occured when i was tucked up in bed was fixed i spoke to the body man about what ive allways wanted to do, he said only time we were beat we wernt there, so parts were sourced, ill let the pics do the talking

Damage

In this pic you can see its repaired

Then the bonnet was cut up

And the bumper was rehomed to limavady

Ive plenty more pics but that will do for now, just waitinf on the postman

JH86

RMS Regular
OP
JH86
325i was rebuilt with the new bs ccv removed and is as fit as its ever went, will insure it later while the 320d sees paint

Factory blank, handy for crank case vacuum

Ghettoed up for testdrive

Build up and looking semi factory, will fit a catch can if theres any combustion issues

And the 320d..

Everything has arrived bumper/bonnet/csl carbon splitters now its time for paint

Big outfit for a bumper

Carbon is life

JH86

RMS Regular
OP
JH86
M320d is sitting waiting on its appointmet at the bodyshop

325i has been road legal for a week now and is running like a swiss watch so im delighted no more oil in combustion and pulls like a train, have to say its super in the rain were haveing

Next ill cut a few coils off and fit the 17s ready for the next day at nutscorner

JH86

RMS Regular
OP
JH86
Bit of prep for the 325i and its first outing

Set of 17s to cheapen the tyres and more availability

225 up front 32psi
205 rear with 70psi

Then a misterous fault appeared with it pulling verrry badly to the left turns out a p bush has completly failed , so took it to be alligned as best they could, know the guys they know its soul purpose so they made it a bit better as there was no time to source poly bushes in time

Sunday 12noon at nuttscorner
Bonnet was raised 40mm and thermostat removed as there was an issue with it anyway

As its a daily too for a few months i wasent too keen on full pace wall wrecking but had fun and drove home, next time will be with trailer

After, in moira for chicken and chips before home

Ive alot of go pro footage but im not tech savy atal so took the first bit off and uploaded it

JH86

RMS Regular
OP
JH86
Picked up 5series sport wheels for the 325i touring, personal favourite and will help with the extra lock

Also in the process of building a flat bed for this drifter, as the scrap boys are selling for silly money no choice but to make juan

Ikea spec

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.