end of the year RMS coast run?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
I might be about to take some photography shots, have a munch and a cruise if folk don't mind - I'll fire any of the photos to @Mabb or somebody who knows the respective owners/bikes (if I'm quick enough to shutter anyone going past :p)

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
I might be about to take some photography shots, have a munch and a cruise if folk don't mind - I'll fire any of the photos to @Mabb or somebody who knows the respective owners/bikes (if I'm quick enough to shutter anyone going past :p)

Hey I'd love a few action shots..haven't got any yet of me on my new Gixer (y)

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
met office is saying <5% rain in both larne and portrush for tomorrow so id guess we are good to go.

moria slipway on the airport road at 10 leaving 10:15 and KFC larne for 11?

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
Lads something came up, I'm not going to be able to make it. I'll maybe see you all on the coast road at some stage

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
No worries we're picking up a mate at sandyknowles, be there soon

genman

G
not long back myself...was out later than planned and the roads til Carnlough were crap...f'in roadworks non stop and no beggers doing any work.
Brave old wind after Ballycastle and a good number of bikers out.
Bumped into the usual bunch of car muppets that think they are as quick as a bike and then a nice run home albeit partly on the Frosses to see how the roadworks AREN'T progressing....no wonder it takes forever to get roads build here...no ones ever working on them but their damn good at caking the roads in muck.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Tbh it was a waste of a tank of fuel and a decent Sunday morning..could have been out having a good hoke around some decent roads where we normally ride.

The coast road is **** simple as that..I can't believe how many bikes I seen..if that's as good as it gets for those boys I don't know why they bother.

Maybe if ya got up early and had a spin down it before traffic it mite be ok for a quick blast but if anyone here is actually interested in riding their bikes on some quality empty biking roads give me a shout.

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
Thanks for turning up today Andy to take pics..shame it didn't turn out as we planned.

Quere craic when the only person turned up for a bike run is in a car.
Lol nightmare, sure the steak here in Portrush is on the go, apologies for not getting photos of your "Sunday special" tricks, maybe next time.

Turns out Andy is a stone throw away which worked out well. Good to meet you folks, I'll fire over the photos I did get after some editing

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
not long back myself...was out later than planned and the roads til Carnlough were crap...f'in roadworks non stop and no beggers doing any work.
Brave old wind after Ballycastle and a good number of bikers out.
Bumped into the usual bunch of car muppets that think they are as quick as a bike and then a nice run home albeit partly on the Frosses to see how the roadworks AREN'T progressing....no wonder it takes forever to get roads build here...no ones ever working on them but their damn good at caking the roads in muck.
You must have passed me at some point after Carnlough in the silver z4, the route was ridiculous busy today and we left early enough- on a clear day without roadworks is usually peaceful and fun

genman

G
You must have passed me at some point after Carnlough in the silver z4, the route was ridiculous busy today and we left early enough- on a clear day without roadworks is usually peaceful and fun
Might have passed you. . Green zzr.. i was generally cruising to see how the bike behaves.
Couldn't believe some of the roads... big gravel filled slices across the road on approach to corners.

R1andy

RMS Member
Drives
Z4. Gsxr1000.318
Hey! Big turn out today lol
Thanks Andy for the lift home, saved me from getting on the back of Mabb , which is not good haha.

Surprised how easily the RGV cruised at a sensible speed, I thought it would have been a serious hold up.

Cheers and thanks again Andy, PM me your address and what you drink.

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
Hey! Big turn out today lol
Thanks Andy for the lift home, saved me from getting on the back of Mabb , which is not good haha.

Surprised how easily the RGV cruised at a sensible speed, I thought it would have been a serious hold up.

Cheers and thanks again Andy, PM me your address and what you drink.
Unlimited coronas I'll set up a cheque book and pen :p no probs at all though - absolute nightmare, the rest of the coast road today was packed out quite depressing, hope you got sorted ok

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
Some randoms in here too, thought I'd post the ones we did get, would've loved to grab some action shots, next time though :laughing:
@Mabb
sketch-1473624211113.png
Screenshot_20160911-211645.png
sketch-1473624211113.png
Screenshot_20160911-211846.png
Screenshot_20160911-211833.png
Screenshot_20160911-211827.png
Screenshot_20160911-211805.png
Screenshot_20160911-211742.png
Screenshot_20160911-211728.png
Screenshot_20160911-211712.png

Bobster

Thats a sad state of affairs Mabb, wrong time for the coast and it more about then glen roads now linking onto the coast.

NotKG

Banned
was this a test run?
it's hardly end of year, i went to donegal and didn't think you'd have a run a week later.
come on, get a flyer made and pick a date end of October time, what most summer(fair weather riders) clubs call end of year.
i remember being out on boxing day with NIB and a new years day.
didn't know the old NIB was so full of fa*nys either, rain and snow never stopped a run :laughing:

genman

G
old NIB squad have all but gone in terms of rideouts.
I only did a few but lost the feel for them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.