Engine conversion insurers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
Who is everyone insured with who has transplanted a bigger, more powerful engine with modifications?

The insurance on my 205 is up at the end of the month and so far I can only get one company (Adrian Flux) to give me a quote with all the mods declared. I think the quote is a bit steep, so I need to find other companies who insure cars like this. All other companies I have tried refused to even give me a quote.

Cheers.

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
OP
TheLarneMan
Drives
205GTI GolfR
Not sure yet. They threw a wobbler when I told them about the new mods. They have to get back to me.I've spoken to a few people about recommendations and I'm starting to get the impression that no-one declares engine conversions on their insurance.

pablo

RMS Moderator
mate youre dead right. noone does. you see cars advertised all the time - saxo 1.1 with vtr engine. still 1.1 on taxbook for cheap insurance!!!!!

Some form of traders be an option?

ps - whens the 205 back on the road?

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
OP
TheLarneMan
Drives
205GTI GolfR
I haven't enquired about traders insurance but I get the impression it will be expensive. The quote I got from Adrian Flux is the same as my mates premium on an Impreza Turbo. At least I'll be 100% legal!

Hopefully it wont be too long before it's back on the road. Mr Gault has to finish working his magic on it then I have to MOT it, tax it and insure it. Everything expired at once!

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
OP
TheLarneMan
Drives
205GTI GolfR
Aye. The main bits are throttle bodies, ported head, inlet cam, pistons and Emerald EMS.

Cess

RMS Staff
TheLarneMan said:
Aye. The main bits are throttle bodies, ported head, inlet cam, pistons and Emerald EMS.

Nice (y) That sounds like 200 plus bhp to me. It'll probably eat most things on the road with ease!!

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
OP
TheLarneMan
Drives
205GTI GolfR
Yeah, it should be quick. It was a wee flyer with just the Mi16 engine and 1.6 GTI gearbox. I just hope the driveshafts don't break every time I give it the wellie!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.