Epic Italians!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

I saw a red one of these up Craigantlet yesterday, i let him out of a junction and he give it the beans in 1st and 2nd. I have to say, it sounded horrendous.

In no way sonorous, just loud and awful :-(

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I saw a red one of these up Craigantlet yesterday, i let him out of a junction and he give it the beans in 1st and 2nd. I have to say, it sounded horrendous.

In no way sonorous, just loud and awful :-(
4cyl turbo is never going to be glorious lol

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
The 90s for 70k cars brought me back to these....just wish i had the money, the space and the balls to buy one

Maserati Shamal
View attachment 123342

I was going to put a Shamal on the 90s for 70k thread last week but couldn't find one below £70k.

As for the Countach, Diablo and Miura that I posted above, it's incredible they were all sub £70k cars about 7 or 8 years ago. It was obvious their values would go up, shame I didn't have the balls to remortgage the house!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
4cyl turbo is never going to be glorious lol

I know but it really sounded awful. They were trying way to hard to make a 4 pot turbo sound *because race car*

I know it must be hard to convinced folks to hand over 50k for a 1.75 litre 4 pot turbo

I just had a play on the configuration site and spec'd one up to £63k! holy god!

Why didn't they put a v6 in it :-(

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
The 8c is the proper special car that's why
But it has a Ferrari v8. So having a v6 wouldn't have treaded on it's toes.

A non turbo version of the new v6 would be great.

Afaik the main cost was creating the all carbon body shell. So I doubt the engine would have impacted price that much

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I imagine power to weight would have been ruined and then priced itself out of the segment

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I imagine power to weight would have been ruined and then priced itself out of the segment

Does it really have a segment? I don't think comparable cars equate on price and price comparable cars just don't equate to it

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
That looks great imo. One of the very very few modern super touring type things that in any way interests me.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
If one has to transport the wife and kids to the yacht down in St Tropez and go ski-ing in the winter, one needs a practical 4wd 4 seater...
Doesn't look bad TBH, like a modern M Coupe on acid. Kewl. :cool:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The worlds gone mad.

Whoever thought Porsche would be making nicer cars than Ferrari.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Theres frig all wrong with that Ferrari. Nothing wrong with Porsches either, I generally prefer them over most of that type of stuff. Then again modern cars, and super cars generally have very little appeal to me.