ERC - Circuit Of Ireland Rally 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Days highlights on Eurosport at 11:05pm.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Watching it on the tablet currently, faultless!

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
That Castle Place hairpin in a MK2 must be fun!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I haven't been to watch rallying in years. Would love to go and watch a stage or two - are there any online stage maps etc? Where is the action tomorrow anyway?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
IMG_3665.JPG

IMG_3673.JPG

IMG_3728.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_4123.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

IMG_9816.JPG

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Some of the COI so far through my lens!

509 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

009 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

014 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

056 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

087 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

205 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

261 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

158 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

407 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

298 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

153 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

093 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

114 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

943 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

070 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

179 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

634 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

351 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

668 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

108 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

720 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

Sam.

RMS Regular
Anyone know what happened Julius Tannert/Jennifer Thielen in the Adam R2 at Glendun? They came walking down the stage, helmets in-hand (about 15 minutes apart) after the nationals had started.

edit - this (2:25):

Last edited:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Watching the Eurosport coverage now, too much helicopter footage of the scenery and not enough of the cars. And any crashes they've shown have been a blink or you'll miss it events no replays at all :worried:

Some good pictures of crashes on Facebook I seen earlier, luckily everyone seems to be ok (y)

simy

RMS Regular
That live feed is great, loving the drone footage. Strange hearing John Desborough though, struggling to understand the NI accent at times, but he's holding the commentary together.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Watching the Eurosport coverage now, too much helicopter footage of the scenery and not enough of the cars. And any crashes they've shown have been a blink or you'll miss it events no replays at all :worried:

Some good pictures of crashes on Facebook I seen earlier, luckily everyone seems to be ok (y)

I thought the coverage was petty good, remember it wasn't that long ago you had to wait a week or more to see TV coverage, now they can have a show edited and broadcast while the final cars are still on the last stage of the day

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Live coverage has been great.

Will probably head to hamiltons folly later today for the return stages

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
What I didn't realise, being over at service again now, was that if you're running a satellite team for say Skoda, I've noticed the official Skoda Motorsport team walking around getting data & general doing a bit of hoking around?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The will likely have a few engineers there to make sure the engine/gearbox is as they like it to be. Rest of the general maintenance will be left to the satellite teams mechanics.

Reactions: dub

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Took a run over to a stage near me and I'll be honest, I was bored to tears. After the Fabia, DS3 and Fiesta ERC event cleared the stage, there seemed to be about 8000 208's. Sadly I had to leave before the national cars which would've been of far more interest.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Some great action today from many drivers. Griebel deserved the Flat out trophy 100%
Some of day 2 photos:

017 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

583 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

202 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

027 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

497 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

364 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

260 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

438 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

397 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

076 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

534 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

Bryan

RMS Regular
I took a run over last night to the final stage at Banbridge since it's only down the road. Got a decent enough spot at a nice bend but no one was really that entertaining. The gap between the cars seemed like ages and then the gap at the nationals was about 30 mins... It might have been more exciting in a different spot but it was quite boring most of the time. The MK2s were the best, as usual. Also loved the Porsches and the mk1 Cortina.

Didn't see the helicopter on the final stage though.

dufunk

RMS Regular
First time down round cushendall those roads and views are epic, torr head will have to wait another day didn't hang about long enough for it to reopen.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.