F1 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Wehrlein confirmed at Sauber…over to you Mercedes & Williams.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Heard a rumour after this year Silverstone mightn't hold a race due to ££. Anyone hear anything else.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Yes it was in the news last week. Can't see Silverstone dropping off the calendar, the government would likely step in.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
On the news the other week.

It is the usual horse trading. They are trying to get (more) government funding. They have an agreement to host F1 for a long time, but the agreement has an exit clause in the next year or two. So if they didn't want to continue then they have to give notice soon. So they are doing the rounds.

Other UK circuits (Donington, etc.) say they are not interested.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Really? As bad tho, must go a watch some on YouTube, not old enough to have watched them on the telly :p

Google them, they sounded almost exactly the same as the current batch. Nothing like the screaming V8/V10 that went in between.

It is the turbo that does it.

They were absolutely vicious things though, 1000bhp+ in qualifying trim and nowhere near the downforce and ground-effect they will have in 2017. Nowhere near the 2017 safety cells and run-offs either.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Massa officially re-joins Williams on a one year deal replacing, the Mercedes bound, Valtteri Bottas.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Would you not feel a bit embarassed and awkward rejoining after no doubt a retirement party and the all the standing aviations etc?

(obviously he's more than trilled to be still racing)

simy

RMS Regular
Interesting bit about Williams needing a driver over the age of 25 because of the alcholol sponsorship. I can't see Bottas being fazed by Lewis, he seems a pretty cool cat and capable too..
F1 in general needs to pick up it's game, my interest has been dwindling for a few years now with last season being the first where I didn't care if I missed a race. Looking forward to this season though.

Edit;
Ha, alcholol. "Freud, mere I want ye"

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I suppose this is Massa getting back some of the time he lost due to his accident with the coiled spring. Would love Williams to have went for someone completely different, maybe even a WEC driver.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He only retired because he was out of a drive, can't fault him for taking the chance of another year. Perfect fit for Williams in the circumstances.

Williams himself was clear he wasn't going to stand in the way of one of his drivers getting a chance to drive a winning car, full points for that.

It is a good deal all round for everyone. Plus some money in between for Williams as well.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I like Massa, so this is good. I hope Williams pack an early shocker and he takes a surprise win for the lols.
I'm ambivalent towards Bottas, so that changes nothing. Down with Mercedes! Go anyone else! Hopefully he puts up a solid fight though.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Mercedes problem is that they're Mercedes ie a huge car company with shareholders, investors, sponsors et al. so they can't go for a risky driver choice. Stability & all that.

Red Bull on the other hand are just a drinks company so if it was them they could have went for a complete left field driver choice if they were in the same position.

All being well this season will be good with a few teams fighting for wins/podiums. Hope Kimi has a good year.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
I always felt Massa was unlucky, be it the Championship he briefly won, the head injury, the team orders at Ferrari, the countless time's he's been unlucky to get put out of races through no fault of his own..
I would love to see him getting some success this year with the new reg changes if Williams can build a competitive car.

Gambit

RMS Regular
he irritates the fúck out of me outside of F1

Lewis Hamilton (@LewisHamilton) | Twitter
upload_2017-1-20_11-30-53.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, as long as he wins races and championships he can do as much bad music and terrible dressing as he likes in his spare time :laughing:

If you genuinely hate him so much, why do you go out of your way to follow his every tweet just to write yet another hate post? Follow whoever you actually like instead and write something positive for a change (y)

Honestly, all these negative vibes are ruining my karma :innocent:

When Max wins his first championship I guarantee people will start moaning again that he gets too full of himself or whatever as well. Just like with Vettel, Michael, etc. And so it goes.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Lol, as long as he wins races and championships he can do as much bad music and terrible dressing as he likes in his spare time :laughing:

If you genuinely hate him so much, why do you go out of your way to follow his every tweet just to write yet another hate post? Follow whoever you actually like instead and write something positive for a change (y)

Honestly, all these negative vibes are ruining my karma :innocent:

When Max wins his first championship I guarantee people will start moaning again that he gets too full of himself or whatever as well. Just like with Vettel, Michael, etc. And so it goes.

Vettel always came across as a likeable sort of chap to me, same as michael (even though they gave no quarter on the track)

No denying Hamiltons talent but his ego divides, he might have more fans if he got that in check and wasn't so much of a bad loser with the whining etc when things don't go his way

Reactions: K55

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Vettel always came across as a likeable sort of chap to me, same as michael (even though they gave no quarter on the track)

No denying Hamiltons talent but his ego divides, he might have more fans if he got that in check and wasn't so much of a bad loser with the whining etc when things don't go his way
Don't think he has a lack of fans TBH

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.