F30 M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Those are......... almost pointless. I don't mean that to sound mean but my word they look totally lost in the car. It's like they need to stick out another couple of mil.

I think they look perfect. Any further out and you'd constantly kick them off when getting in or out of the car. I always liked the evo carbon items but they were ripe for clipping the aul heel on!!

Actually, carbon skirts would be good on your car.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Never a man to mince your words eh? Lol

They come as part of the M Performance pack, my car didn't have them, so now it's complete. They are supposed to be subtle and aerodynamic, that's what the blurb says anyway, I'm not going to go chasing BMW questioning the design of their add ons.
They look good, they just look a little lost on the car, I'm not sure why. Could be the photos. The M4 skirts protruded a bit more to give it a little more aggression. It wasn't really a negative comment.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Looks great man!

You still planning on changing to one with the bigger engine?
Thanks bud, Yeah I mean that could be the end of the year or mid next year. Just need to see what comes along, for now I'm going to map this one and enjoy it.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Is ther actually a difference between the 18d and a 20d? Or it is just mapping? Would be ashame to upgrade so soon when the cars sitting well

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Is ther actually a difference between the 18d and a 20d? Or it is just mapping? Would be ashame to upgrade so soon when the cars sitting well
The only difference is the 20d has more power, they both use the same 2lr engine. With a map the 18d will be sitting slightly sharper than a standard 20d.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Thanks bud, Yeah I mean that could be the end of the year or mid next year. Just need to see what comes along, for now I'm going to map this one and enjoy it.
Just get a dtuk box for it. They seem to get good reviews. Can move it to your next car as well.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
The only difference is the 20d has more power, they both use the same 2lr engine. With a map the 18d will be sitting slightly sharper than a standard 20d.

Is that due to a map or bigger blower? What does the 320d produce when mapped

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Is that due to a map or bigger blower? What does the 320d produce when mapped

If it's like the E90's, the compressor wheel on the turbo will be slightly larger on the 320D. I have successfully bolted them on to 318D's (and the same for 118D/120D), and unless you're on full throttle for an extended period of time, it won't even trigger limp mode as the ecu is able to compensate for the small increase in air volume by adjusting the fuel to suit. Don't consider it to be ideal or advisable without a map, just something I've tried for curiosity sake, and when it worked, it was left alone.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Going on what @Nicky has said I had the turbo from a 320d bolted onto my E90 318d back in the day. Didn't have a map on it and it was fine no limp mode but then got it mapped and it went to 190 bhp no problems.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
If it's like the E90's, the compressor wheel on the turbo will be slightly larger on the 320D. I have successfully bolted them on to 318D's (and the same for 118D/120D), and unless you're on full throttle for an extended period of time, it won't even trigger limp mode as the ecu is able to compensate for the small increase in air volume by adjusting the fuel to suit. Don't consider it to be ideal or advisable without a map, just something I've tried for curiosity sake, and when it worked, it was left alone.

It would make sense that the 320d's turbo could flow more, otherwise the 318 would map to the same as a mapped 320/the 320 wouldn't gain any more power from a map as the turbo would would be maxed out.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
So the lights were fitted today, to say I'm happy is an understatement, they transform the car :grinning:

C5B4966E-B8EF-446E-AA1D-6145FF796F21_zpsvjtydttz.jpg

CE71CFC9-9250-4A1D-87A9-E93C3BD82701_zpslot0knaq.jpg

EC60D9F7-6E90-4821-AC72-B8AC569C2C1E_zps6j05ilk2.jpg

5D223669-B73B-4B1B-A543-188CE1BC3C8F_zpsmbnigil3.jpg

E7C69CFB-DC20-4D07-B7FA-74BB2CBA757A_zps0filhpea.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.