Fatal accident Comber Road Killinchy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Tragic. Heard on the radio there was a bad accident near the George on the way in to Bangor from Craigantlet.

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
The roads are pretty ****ty during the day, so it's possible the Evo skidded or slid out into the road, isn't that side road there quite steep?

Makes you think, though, I'm passing that road every few days and you'd never think there'd be someone pulling out on you...

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've seen an accident every morning this week. Sometimes two.

Take it real easy folks, its like greased glass out there.

gavin328i

RMS Regular
was mine and bree"s friends dad, real nasty crash and a horrific scene, know the boy in the bmw aswell, so close to christmas and another 3 families wrecked for life, the roads are very dangerous at the min, rip rab and other 2 passangers...
sad.gif

stu7077

RMS Member
Drives
Renaultsport Meg
Just about to say I have seen that Evo sitting outside CFC a lot.:worried:

So sorry to hear and thoughts with all the families involved.

Any ideas on what happened, looked from the clip one of the cars maybe pulled out from a side road??

I live in Killinchy, there is no side road between Tullynagee Road and Lisbane, unless the Evo pulled out of a laneway? It's a relatively straight road too, so I'm stumped as to what happened. Judging by the mess off both cars they we're flying.

Sympathy to all those concerned. Keep the speed down lads!

rossh0

RMS Member
OP
rossh0
jesus ross mate, did you know them?

Not sure Pete man, until names are released, though i've a feeling I don't know them, absolutely awful though..saw some wreckage from the Tullynagee end..as has been said before, take it easy guys!

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I had a look at the new feed, the damage to the Evo is unbelievable! The BMW must have been going some speed!

My thoughts are with the families affected, terrible for time if year

Bryan

RMS Regular
Looks so bad that 'cut and shut' springs to mind. May not have been but it's hard to believe that a straight car could end up like that.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Not sure Pete man, until names are released, though i've a feeling I don't know them, absolutely awful though..saw some wreckage from the Tullynagee end..as has been said before, take it easy guys!

Its an easy road to get carried away on too.. you still out that direction dude?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
There is no side road on this stretch of road.

The Evo was travelling towards Balloo and BMW towards Comber. Accident happened on the BMWs side if the road.

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
roads are real slippy out there at the min, im on the bike everyday and that roundabout near the ice bowl is soooo slippy , always feel the back end skip a bit there. :worried:

R.I.P all involved terrible thing to happen

godfrey44

RMS Regular
Drives
05 l200 animal/t
theres a road there ive seen people fly out of onto the road and across it before the steep hill, i was driving home that way from the mournes on sunday and took the roundabout at clough towards downpatrick and it was greasy, the big l200 stepped out a fair bit coming off it, took it very easy all the way back, drove at about 50 and thought about putting her into 4wd, you could just feel the road beneath you being ropey, but as to the que of cars behind me, whats the rush? 50 on a road like that in those conditions is quick enough imo, on the straight i would have been driving closer to 60 and a woman in a scenic with kids in it tried to pass mee, i was like wtf? maniac, the road had also just been gritted so the animal fat in the grit doesnt exactly help, the grit is a joke, also the cops wanting to speak to anyone who saw the evo between comber and the accident....... evo bust in half is just asking for speculation over how it was driving

stu7077

RMS Member
Drives
Renaultsport Meg
theres a road there ive seen people fly out of onto the road and across it before the steep hill, i was driving home that way from the mournes on sunday and took the roundabout at clough towards downpatrick and it was greasy, the big l200 stepped out a fair bit coming off it, took it very easy all the way back, drove at about 50 and thought about putting her into 4wd, you could just feel the road beneath you being ropey, but as to the que of cars behind me, whats the rush? 50 on a road like that in those conditions is quick enough imo, on the straight i would have been driving closer to 60 and a woman in a scenic with kids in it tried to pass mee, i was like wtf? maniac, the road had also just been gritted so the animal fat in the grit doesnt exactly help, the grit is a joke, also the cops wanting to speak to anyone who saw the evo between comber and the accident....... evo bust in half is just asking for speculation over how it was driving

Mate, the accident happened in between that road and lisbane. The accident was def head on. It looks like the evo has wrapped around something to break like that!

Bryan

RMS Regular
Definately doesn't look like a head on collision - looks more like the BMW just ploughed right through it.

Attachments

• evo.jpg
    evo.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 648

stu7077

RMS Member
Drives
Renaultsport Meg
not head on mate, the nose of the Evo was untouched!

Sorry mate, didn't mean totally head on, but they were going towards each other. Beemer from Lisbane, Evo towards Lisbane. So it looks like the Evo has maybe swerved or something and it's side hit the nose of the beemer?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.