Fatal accident Comber Road Killinchy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rickstar civic

RMS Member
Drives
nissan 200sx s14
Thoughts with the familys.i know 1 of the guys dad.thats a quick section of the road.i live not far and up and down it regular.the bmw looks to have got most of its damage from the telegraph pole thats in front of it in the pictures i think.was both cars not heading to comber.roads are slippy take it easy.RIP.

avo5021

RMS Regular
I've just watched the wee video report that was on the news, i can how someone can think "cut and shut"..

Is there any possibility that these 2 cars could have been travelling in the same direction possibly and 1 vehicle has lost control and be shunted by the other one..??

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Apparently the occupants of the two cars knew each other. Take from that what you will.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
dont think to many people have seen such mangled wreckage avo and because the car was cut in two would make people pressume that it was ,, however on the flip side a pretty stiff chassis and 4 wheel drive system would add serious strength to the car in theory making it harder for such damage to occour so im in two minds also

doesnt take away from the fact that 3 people are dead tho i,d say the driver of the bmw is the key to ressolving this one

rip thoughts are with the family

beeko85

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
dont think to many people have seen such mangled wreckage avo and because the car was cut in two would make people pressume that it was ,, however on the flip side a pretty stiff chassis and 4 wheel drive system would add serious strength to the car in theory making it harder for such damage to occour so im in two minds also

doesnt take away from the fact that 3 people are dead tho i,d say the driver of the bmw is the key to ressolving this one

rip thoughts are with the family

the pictures are totally shocking

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
The roof of the evo looks to be ripped apart it must of been an awful impact.

Terrible to see this happen at any time of the year :worried:

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Firstly, saw that on tv and my god, what a woeful looking impact, serious side swipe there, looks awaful, BMW must have hit that evo at some speed side on.

My full and complete sympathies go to them and their families, always tradgic, especially at this time of year.

Is there any possibility that these 2 cars could have been travelling in the same direction possibly and 1 vehicle has lost control and be shunted by the other one..??

Exactly what my father said earlier when we watched the news (some amount of councilors and MLA's on the UTV over it also!), but im sure the PSNI will do a good job at sorting it all out. I actually mean that. (y)

Z4A

RMS Regular
Drives
E89 Z4 35iS
Re:

Passed this today as I was visiting my sister who lives on this very stretch of road.

Gobsmacked at the carnage. :worried:

Dunno what to say, I just felt so numb seeing that today.

RIP.

black-a4

RMS Regular
Drives
E91 325d M Sport
Thoughts are with the families.

Close relative of mine was killed, days before christmas like this. Family has never been the same.

RIP

rickstar civic

RMS Member
Drives
nissan 200sx s14
guys just asking, but why do yous think the bmw hit the side of the car.personaly i think it didnt touch it at al but on the other hand i could be very wrong.

M@tt B

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx S14
Seen that this morning on the news and been listening to the news all day in work listening for updates on what actually happened but none the wiser.

RIP

NATMAN

RMS Regular
Drives
passat tdi130 /6
Sad times for all the families RIP , the roads are pretty unpredictable at present , every morning and night when im on the back roads heading to work all too often you hit a freak black ice patch or two and if you hadnt your wits about you and paying extreme attention it could end in disaster. I seriously think alot of the older cars were made of stronger stuff and could take a bigger hit , most new cars are built with little light weight garbage that very little contact has them mangled but thats for another thread as this ones about a tragic accident.

gavin328i

RMS Regular
there was a few of us went up earlier to leave some flowers and while we were there sum t@@t in a type r civic over took 2 cars in the distance and was flatout coming towards us, i stood at edge of the road and turned my tourch in a circled motion an he near s@@t himself, on wif the brakes and slowed rite down, sum people dont learn, still cant believe it happened..

MA77Y

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi a4 s line
apparently from what ive heard the evo was coming towards the bmw at some speed and looks like has lost control and its tail went out and hit the bmw causing it so skid off out of control

avo5021

RMS Regular
apparently from what ive heard the evo was coming towards the bmw at some speed and looks like has lost control and its tail went out and hit the bmw causing it so skid off out of control

As was said earlier, due to the tragic outcome only one person really knows what happened and thats the BMW driver, he holds he key in all of the investigation really..

andy_mcc

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R 7.5
i know some of the family and it is such a tragic loss especially at christmas... but on another note... someone was absolutely flying and by the looks of it, it was the evo... i hope this lets everyone see just how bad the roads are at this time of the year and slows down abit... everyone likes to open it up abit but this is taken the piss... this was absolutely flying... in bad conditions... and unfortunately the worst has happened...

bert2222

Drives
Focus 1.6

as above
my dad was speaking to a friend of the BMW driver and apparently the evo was already sideways on his side of the road before he even hit it or thats wat ive been told so apologise if im wrong. thoughts with families.

RIP

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Seen another really nasty one at four road ends this morning. 2 fire engines and an ambulance. Didn't look good at all.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.