Fatal accident Comber Road Killinchy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sturgy

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra type r
**** thats a bad crash alright

sad news anytime of the year but close to christmas is just not nice at all R.I.P

ryan_quiksilver

RMS Regular
Drives
Renault, Dont La
Can I just say that aside from our thoughts for the families involved...thoughts must go out to the fire brigade and other emergency services. The horror of some of the rta's they have to deal with is frightening :worried:

K55

RMS Regular
**** me that's wild!

Can I just say that aside from our thoughts for the families involved...thoughts must go out to the fire brigade and other emergency services. The horror of some of the rta's they have to deal with is frightening :worried:

Indeed, would have been a horrible scene.

clio_craig

RMS Regular
Drives
Renault clio
thoughts go out to the families of the ones killed. Spoke to an officer who was present at the accident, it was horrific so thoughts go out to the Emergency services because of what they have seen.

however call me synical but to do that much damage means some speed musta been involved....this time of year i think its just selfish..... Thoughts to friends and family as im sure few can imagine the pain they are dealing with

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430
Saw the picture of this in the telegraph but not the video clip, thats crazy how the back end of the evo has completely sheared off! Thoughts are with the family... coudnt be at a worse time of year!

Would make me wana get rid of the 4! :confounded:

would a rollcage make any difference in a crash like that or is there to much forces involved?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
A roll cage will definately stiffen up the chassis and protect you more but in those circumstances, who knows?

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430
I know it stiffens her up, i had one in the other car... But i presume its mainly there to protect the car when it rolls! in the those circumstances it may just rip the rollcage apart aswell! :confounded:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
with the speeds and impact involved in this, i'd doubt a bolt in road / track cage would do anything

even a WRC spec weld in would have taken a serious hammering

Ma55ey

RMS Regular
I knew the boy in the bmw really well and he woz out at lisbane dropping his m8 off home! Woz at rabs funeral yesterday and ther woz a good turnout,and jst to put a few ppl straight the evo woz headin 2 lisbane,bmw woz coming frm lisbane,evo lost it at high speed and hit the bmw side on. I think we shud stop speculating about this as im sure the families have enuff to think about never mind michael in the bmw who im sure seen more than he wanted to and doesnt need this too coz im sure wot he seen none of us wud wish on r worst enemy!!

LynzPirie82

RMS Member
Drives
honda
I've just watched the wee video report that was on the news, i can how someone can think "cut and shut"..

Is there any possibility that these 2 cars could have been travelling in the same direction possibly and 1 vehicle has lost control and be shunted by the other one..??

Cars were not travelling in same direction Evo was leaving Comber and bmw heading to comber. RIP big bro you are missed everyday 6 years on. Thinks to all who have commented

LynzPirie82

RMS Member
Drives
honda
I knew the boy in the bmw really well and he woz out at lisbane dropping his m8 off home! Woz at rabs funeral yesterday and ther woz a good turnout,and jst to put a few ppl straight the evo woz headin 2 lisbane,bmw woz coming frm lisbane,evo lost it at high speed and hit the bmw side on. I think we shud stop speculating about this as im sure the families have enuff to think about never mind michael in the bmw who im sure seen more than he wanted to and doesnt need this too coz im sure wot he seen none of us wud wish on r worst enemy!!
Thanks Paul, I have just came across all of these comments....and 6years on and it still hurts as sore. RIP big bro x

LynzPirie82

RMS Member
Drives
honda
Thank You Phil means alot. And to see so many comments on this in relation to the accident is crazy. Im aware of making others drivers aware to take it easy on the roads at any time esp these dark nights & this time of year. Anyone who has even one drink and thinks aye im grand to drive, come and knock my door and ill tell use otherwise. The heartache never goes away and never will. Please take great care on the road. Three friends headed out for a chinese and never came home. And poor michael it was not his fault bless him he has to live with the pictures in his head forever.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.