Finance Proposals - Online Submission Form

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
Guys just an update on our website for anyone looking for finance, to save emailing/phone calls or perhaps wasted journeys we have added a finance submission form to the website.

On completion we will aim to have you an answer within 1 working day if not sooner.

So if you see anything you like and would like finance just fill in the form:

Cameron Cars

Thanks,

Jason @ Cameron Cars

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
We've had it for a while and to be honest, I'd rather turn the feature off.
You get some absolute Balbags and wasters applying. Some people even apply just to find out if they can get the finance or not - waste of time.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
We've had it for a while and to be honest, I'd rather turn the feature off.
You get some absolute Balbags and wasters applying. Some people even apply just to find out if they can get the finance or not - waste of time.
Oh completely but a quick phone call usually can weed out the time wasters! Who do you work for Chris?

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Surely that will just frig their credit rating?

Yep it completely does. Likes of this morning, I got an auto accept - phoned the customer and they replied 'oh I put 6 different applications in at different dealers just to see who would take me and who wouldn't'.
Each search shows up on their credit profile.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Had similar when we were selling the commercials, in principle a great idea but it is a ballbag attractor for certain. Hope it works for you

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
Good idea Jason, but as said you will get a few ballroots wasting time. Good to see your business going from strength to strength.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
The worst is when someone decides they would like to test drive say 2-3 cars in one sitting and then you never hear from them again, i've now taken the stance of test drives available before purchase/payment, they don't seem to realise every car is washed, hoovered, dried, polished, plastics, tyres etc done before its put back in line.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Good idea Jason, but as said you will get a few ballroots wasting time. Good to see your business going from strength to strength.

Thanks, but as Pablo says it can weed out the wasters, I've now also signed up to a sub prime lender who, no matter how bad they are will get taken on (at a premium).

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
The worst is when someone decides they would like to test drive say 2-3 cars in one sitting and then you never hear from them again, i've now taken the stance of test drives available before purchase/payment, they don't seem to realise every car is washed, hoovered, dried, polished, plastics, tyres etc done before its put back in line.

Understand your point entirely but word will spread quickly amoung the locals of negative attitude and before you know it, the only trade you will be getting is from the internet adverts and you may as well just trade from home then. JMHO

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Understand your point entirely but word will spread quickly amoung the locals of negative attitude and before you know it, the only trade you will be getting is from the internet adverts and you may as well just trade from home then. JMHO

Understand that too but there really is nothing as hateful. They are easy to spot a mile away, a person that lands in without a prior appointment or calls 10 mins before is usually the time waster, with some time to waste/spare or just fancy a test drive in something they "think" they like.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Did you mean no test drives before purchase/payment there? Not acting a cock,I just don't know what you meant

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Strange thing I always found with the commercial sales was that the public often surprised you, people out on a test drive and you feel like you were just going through the motions, vehicle parked in yard keys handed back, "yes I will take it" and your thinking to yourself what just happened here?? like the saying goes funny as folk, It taught me from early on, treat every customer as a longterm investment.

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Think what Jason means is to cover all aspects of the sale before a test drive takes place. So many people arrive in to view a car and want to be out driving in less than a minute. Generally these are tyre kickers but very hard to judge. Keeping an open mind and treating every customer as a potential buyer is key but usually a genuine buyer will take time looking round the car in detail, checking history and paperwork before asking for a test drive. I would now try to agree on price before a test drive takes place as then we know if a deal can be reached before a car goes out.

wes

RMS Regular
Saves embarrassment for someone who is genuinely interested in a car but fears being turned down for finance, anyone who randomly just checks to see what they can get is gona learn the hard way with credit scores, maybe make people aware it does affect their score (might weed timewasters too).

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Some very well made points above from Ricky, imho once you've went through the motions, price/history, terms of the sale etc then a test drive is applicable, but as Ricky said, if a guy lands and within 5 minutes wants to drive it, he's not the sort of person whos going to buy he or she is simply out for a sail.

As you also mentioned, having a car up at say £10950 and the guy only has say £10000 to spend, whats the point? lol and if I hear "best cash price" one in a week i hear it 10 times!! Customers don't understand it costs a fair bit of money to lodge it!!

But as @Wild Thing has stated some customers are the exception to the rule and can be very haphazard buying vehicles, i've done many sales (including 2 yesturday) and the customers never even test drove the vehicles. Then others who have test drove not only once but 3 times and never heard from them again.

It is a total minefield but with at least 30-40% of customers being time wasters you can never be too cautious but you soon get to learn from the general vibe.

Last edited:

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Did you mean no test drives before purchase/payment there? Not acting a cock,I just don't know what you meant

Yes - Unless the customer has asked all the right questions and shown a genuine interest in purchasing, arriving unannounced and looking a test drive within 5 mins of meeting me isn't a good sign.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Some very well made points above from Ricky, imho once you've went through the motions, price/history, terms of the sale etc then a test drive is applicable, but as Ricky said, if a guy lands and within 5 minutes wants to drive it, he's not the sort of person whos going to buy he or she is simply out for a sail.

As you also mentioned, having a car up at say £10950 and the guy only has say £10000 to spend, whats the point? lol and if I hear "best cash price" one in a week i hear it 10 times!! Customers don't understand it costs a fair bit of money to lodge it!!

But as @Wild Thing has stated some customers are the exception to the rule and can be very haphazard buying vehicles, i've done many sales (including 2 yesturday) and the customers never even test drove the vehicles. Then others who have test drove not only once but 3 times and never heard from them again.

It is a total minefield but with at least 30-40% of customers being time wasters you can never be too cautious but you soon get to learn from the general vibe.

See what you are saying, but how do you define a time waster? I was looking for a 09-10 focus for the wife this week, drove three, bought one. Does that make me a time waster to the 2 dealers I didn't buy from? Probably, but I can only buy one car. The other cars were good enough just small faults such as vibrations/rattles/thermostats manifesting themselves on the test drive. Would I ever agree to buy a car without a drive? Never.

The last one, (a private sale which is neither here nor there) was perfect so bought it.

I do see your frustration, the time and effort that goes into valeting and prep, but there is a fine line. The public eh? :mad:

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
See what you are saying, but how do you define a time waster? I was looking for a 09-10 focus for the wife this week, drove three, bought one. Does that make me a time waster to the 2 dealers I didn't buy from? Probably, but I can only buy one car. The other cars were good enough just small faults such as vibrations/rattles/thermostats manifesting themselves on the test drive. Would I ever agree to buy a car without a drive? Never.

The last one, (a private sale which is neither here nor there) was perfect so bought it.

I do see your frustration, the time and effort that goes into valeting and prep, but there is a fine line. The public eh? :mad:

Did you just land in to see the other 2 cars without prior appointment and ask for a test drive in the first few mins? Or did you discuss the vehicle with the seller and the faults, if some one finds fault in my vehicle or doesn't like it, they normally say, nothing worse than the usual "i'll have a think" line, its alot better if folk say what the issue is so it can be rectified, as a seller I have no interest in selling faulty/crap cars!

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.