FK coilovers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PhilG

RMS Regular
Just after taking them off my car less than half hour ago. I loved them, but the car has to be sold, and i got a buyer for the coilovers.

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
ever have any bother with them being so low?? and how was the ride?

this is how it could look with these things (and theres about 2cm more adjustment that can be made in that pic :confounded: :

fkdc2.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i got a set - which have to be sent back cos they sent me the wrong size :mad: but apart from that i havent heard any clio owners complain about them

clio_styling bought a set (wrong size too lol)
DCI Tigger bought a set too

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
When they're so low do you need to take the wheel off to adjust them?

PhilG

RMS Regular
wingnut said:
When they're so low do you need to take the wheel off to adjust them?

yep. But once you find a height you like you like having your car at you tend not to change it.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Sounds like a bit of a pain in the whole you have them low going to a show then you have to get the trolly jack out when you come to a speed bump. lol

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
find a route with no speedbumps!!! unless of course they at an entrance to a show in which case there will be alot of boys with the jacks out outside the show and inside again.
lowered 50mm will suit me fine, still leaves like 30mm, but the 50mm will still bring the wheels into arch and still keep it speed bump friendly

PhilG

RMS Regular
wingnut said:
Sounds like a bit of a pain in the whole you have them low going to a show then you have to get the trolly jack out when you come to a speed bump. lol

I had mine lowered 80mm and it negotiated the speed bumps in the holylands no bother.

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
if i take the c2 right down the 80mm it would leave only 25mm clearence at the front because of the underflap thing, 80mm not designed for were i live, glengormley full of speed bumps!! 50-60mm will do and will look more or less like one above.
worth a go anyway

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
Boydie is right - loads of Clio owners on the cliosport site reccomend them;

good drop
ride not too harsh
afforadble for what they are

Hope you get sorted Boydie
Clio_Styling got the wrong size for his too :worried:

Mine were ordered the week before new years - still haven't landed
Just hope they are 58mm when they do appear :scream:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
My advice-dont be a tight ar$e....go for the Silverline X's. I had a set fitted on Saturday-they arent wound right down as i have to allow the springs to settle but the back sits lowely as it is.

Ride quality is so much better than the standard shocks and Eiback springs, i have little body roll and is definatey less crashy.

They look superb and i can adjust the height and the dampening rate. I have the dampers set 1 1/2 turns from soft at the moment.

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
quick chop on the matter:

standard (maybe i got down too low for pic lol, is like a 4x4.

IMG_0294.jpg

possible look with eibach springs -50mm only, probably not even lower it 50.:

IMG_0294eibach.jpg

with coilovers i'm estimating:

IMG_0294coilovers.jpg

lifetime guarantee and insurance friendly as long as i tell em!! can't be bad

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.