Ford Ka Fuse Box

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Alright folks just a quicky, my girlfriend's Ka has blown the fuse for the wipers but she doesn't know where the fusebox is and didn't get a handbook with her car.

Can anyone on here tell me where the fusebox is located and which fuse covers both front and rear wipers?

Also on a sidenote, does anyone know anywhere that could get an owners manual in PDF?

Ta (y)

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
it could be behind the glove box, i think thats we it is in a focus

could be wrong tho :oops:

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Think the fusebox is under the steering wheel, Its been a while since my sis had one, so im not 100% sure!

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Any idea on fuse number and size?

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Take them out one by one and look you lazy coooooont! :p

Be a good test for your new multimeter this ;) :p

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Mr RS, I forgot to mention, my girlfriend lives in Edinburgh, so I'm trying to explain all this to her, tis her first car and she hasn't a clue. Unfortunately I'm not on hand to sort it!

So far she has got a packet of fuses from the local garage :p

Step 2 - locate the fuse.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Ahh right lol, i unfortunately don't know anyone with a KA, but generally Fords have see through fuses, so it should be pretty handy to see which ones gone.

timor

RMS Regular
Hi,you've probably found the fuse by now but if not the fuse box is located at the far right hand size of the dash,you'll see a recessed panel,it just pulls off and there should be a little fuse removal tool attached to the inside of it.The layout of the fuses differs on the year of the ka,but as far as i know the fuse for the wipers and wash hasn't.The fuse number is F16 and its a 20A,if there's no guide on the back of the panel it's the second row up from the bottom and 5th from the left,hope this has been of some help!

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Timor that's the job, cheers! I shall email that over to her :grinning:

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
id say take it to a garage and they would hardly charge her much to change a fuse, Would save alot of hassle trying to explain it :sob:

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Well I must say she did very well, I emailed her Timor's advice and she managed to change it herself, great stuff!

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
My woman is useless to but I have her in training, going on so far! Going to make her change a wheel next and check/ top up all fluids!

timor

RMS Regular
Good to hear she got it sorted!I've been trying to get Jo interested in the basics but her attitude is why do it when she can get me to do it.....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.