Fueling problem with a Saxo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
i.e there is no fuel getting to it!

While changing the fuel filter on my Saxo (trying) I have managed to break the 90 degree connector on the fuel line. It's basically sitting with the fuel lines clamped but can I get a new part from Citroen and will it be easy to fit? The thread of the connector is stuck inside the rubber tubing and I don't fancy having to replace all the tubing as it's hard enough to get at as it is!

Any ideas?

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
Was kind of hoping that someone would have jumped in with "I have that part and I'll help you", but I guess I'll just have to wait for charles hurst to get back to me now.

chrisni1986

RMS Regular
Drives
525 M Sport
the clips are a serious pain in the ass to get off the saxo, id say the clips would be cheap enough to get off citroen and not that bad to replace, which side of the tubing is the thread stuck in?

GaryL

RMS Member
Drives
Mk5 VW Golf
had to replace the small pipe (from filter to engine) on mine as i couldn't unclip the whore.

i have a brand new genuine citroen pipe for the other side of the filter. from fuel tank to filter, if your after one.

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
It's from the fuel tank to the filter, I think. It's the 90 degree one, the other clip came off really easily. In fact, once I had the fuel filter totally broken off it took me to wrestle it out of the clip.

I just ordered that part from Charles Hurst today. Is it hard to fit, it looks like it disappears beneath a cover somewhere? Or could I not just get the broken thread out of the old pipe and get the new clip out of the new pipe and bodge it?

chrisni1986

RMS Regular
Drives
525 M Sport
thers alot of pressure running through there that you actually wudnt imagine.. being the same side as the exhaust i know i wudnt want it to come off whilst driving.. not worth the risk mate id get the new part and have it done, at least then you know its right

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
I got the part, is it a matter of taking off the panels on the bottom of the car so I can see the pipe? I can see it kind of disappears behind the heat shield on the exhaust but is there anything else to take off so I can get at it?

GaryL

RMS Member
Drives
Mk5 VW Golf
it runs along the top of the fuel tank the drops down to the filter, i think.
if you lift up the back seat and remove the plastic panela you will see where it comes out of the tank.
will be very fiddly i'd imagine, without dropping the fuel tank. but shouldn't be too hard.

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
Yeah, got the top of the pipe off under the seat, then I pulled the new one up with a string, although I had to remove the larger tube from the top of it and use a jubilee clip to join it again.

It wasn't all that hard, but I would have liked someone to warn me that the clip was likely to be broken in the first place! Even when I managed to break the pipe (!) I still had to wrestle the fuel filter out of it.

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
Update

Took the car to Hugh and he hooked the ECU up to the diagnostics. He said there were no fault codes coming up and it needed a new idle regulator. £145 and a new idle regulator fitted... and it's still not sorted. Plus it's "sticking" in the rev range at speed and if the accelerator pedal is held in one place the revs die rather than stay constant. Hugh said about setting it up which I will try but I'm £145 down to Charles Hurst (who are a pack of arseholes, another story in itself) and I still think there is a problem!

errrrrr

JasonBourne

RMS Regular
OP
JasonBourne
Drives
Scirocco GT TDI
Sorry, just relised I posted this in the wrong thread. Have since taken the fuel pump out but it's working fine and taken it to be looked at. Car still won't idle and dies and won't rev properly.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.