Getting a car delivered from the mainland ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Who does everyone use at present and what is the going rate for having a car picked up in England and delivered to N.ireland ?

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Eamonn McLaughlin does a door to door service and is one of the most reliable in my experience.
Price depends were it is but can be £280-£450 ish sort of price.

RevT

RMS Regular
As above, Eamon is very reliable and does a door to door service but usually slightly dearer. If I'm wanting a cheap job done I get David Corr in Cookstown to bring them, he's usually £50-100 cheaper than Eamon McLaughlin but it could be two weeks by time it's home and I have to pick it up in Cookstown.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I used myself :p
Cheaper ( should be depending )
An you get to see the car an drive it home

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
DS Recovery based in Dundonald. Usually has a transporter over once or twice a week. He isn't hard to pay to be fair.

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
I used myself :p
Cheaper ( should be depending )
An you get to see the car an drive it home
Usually would use this option myself but busy at present so looking into this option . Vehicle can be viewed by a relative as well so no worries that way :grinning:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Eamon is the only one id use myself, as said there is cheaper about, but you get what you pay for in my experience!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
InterDealer Movements - £150 inc Vat from York to Belfast

That is a bargain!

I was going to say I'd always go over and pick it up myself but that would be a great option for those that can't spare the time etc.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Brian johnston newtownstewart.
Parker transport ballycastle.

Last car collection I was quoted £240 more than johnston by eamon mc Laughlin. £240 is brave difference

Last edited:

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Have used David corr a couple of times the past year. £225 for scotland. £275 Midlands. Collect in cookstown.
Usually 4 day service.

RevT

RMS Regular
As I said above McLaughlin is very expensive. Johnston or parker are well priced and good at their job.

I've had cars lifted by Parker/Johnston for about £100 less than Eamon (only reason I went for them). They told me the cars would be here on Friday and they'd leave it to the house. End of week hear nothing so ring them and they both say 'awww it'll be next week'. Eventually I get the cars but have to go lift them from their yards.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.