going to court....for touching a mobile!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
stevieturbo said:
Not sure on the points, but using a mobile whilst driving, is now treated as quite a serious offence.

I thought it was just a simple case of a £30 on the spot fine and away you went??

From what I can make of it, it used to be worse as they could argue careless driving but with the new £30 spot fine this is unlikely to happen. But as with everything its a grey area and there don't seem to be any hard and fast rules ^o)

I do remember last summer passing a police car whilst on the phone and them doing a U-turn to come after me. Luckily some boooooooost around a slow moving bin lorry followed by some on coming traffic saved the day, and young scrob lived to fight another day ;)

Porter

RMS Regular
joeshaft said:
the police also dont have to wear seatbelts either. one rule for us another for them.

thata cause back in the day, when the security forces were being attacked, it allowed them to get out of the car quickly incase of an emergency(y)

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
scrob said:
My mate got an on the spot £30 fine for smoking at the wheel, and there was a front page head line in one of last year's papers of some woman who went to court for eating an apple...

I remember Kerzo got a £30 for eating a sandwich while doing 60mph on an empty M2 ^o)

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
these ****ers are seriously taking the piss now..

its going to be so much worse when after-market parts being fitted is illegal too :confounded:

Crimson Viper

Drives
Integra Type R D
pregnant women dont have to wear seat belts either.
But whoo on the mobile phone thing, ye really are strict up there.
they cant enforce it down here at all. Too many loop holes!

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Sure the Guards are useless. How would they catch you in their 1 litre Yaris anyway?

rosie

RMS Regular
Drives
anything that bl
99% of cops are ok but theres always that 1%...
however if they want to be twisted he may be in the wrong.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
kerzo said:
I remember Kerzo got a £30 for eating a sandwich while doing 60mph on an empty M2 ^o)
i heard it was Lyon's meat sandwich you got caught with your hamds upon.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Hyundai_Coupe said:
pregnant women dont have to wear seat belts either.
Don't know about the country you live in, but up here in the real world i'm pretty sure you have to have an exemption certificate to be excused for wearing a seatbelt, even in the case of police officers. and its not just the police that can be exempt, anyone with a VALID reason not to wear a seatbelt can apply for an exemption certificate.

facedownassup

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4
Pregnant women do have to wear seat belts as far as i know . . . unless they have a doctors not to excuse them from doing soo . . even at that i was in Halfords the other night and saw special set bealts especially designed for pregnant women which sit over and below the bump instead of across it.

big cyril

RMS Regular
six_impressive_hours said:
Judge might throw it out of court & give the peeler a bollocking for wasteing court time....if he's any sense.

jamesy

Agree.

As regards pregnant women , they (especially) would be nuts not to wear the seatbelt.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.