Going to Nurburgring in August

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

spagball

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I'm going to Nurburgring in August looked at few posts here but whats the best/cheapest way to get there? Thanks (hotel sorted for 4 nights)

spagball

RMS Regular
OP
spagball
Drives
BMW
It looks like it's a ridiculous amount of money to even get there but whatever I'll do it once-
Hotel- £430
Ferry service- £600
Petrol- £300

spagball

RMS Regular
OP
spagball
Drives
BMW
Hotel £430 I'm going for 3 nights, I get my own balcony and a view of an ancient German Castle, it's 16mls from circuit but as I say it's a one off

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
giphy.gif

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I'm looking at the possibility of going to Spa in September. Renaultsport have a dedicated track day there and with Spa being my favourite track I'd love to go.

I have looked at so many different options of getting there and think that travelling Dublin - Holyhead, meeting a couple of guys I know who are travelling to Spa near London and then getting the train from Folkestone to Calais and driving the couple of hours across to Spa.

Has anyone here done a similar trip? How did you get there?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Eddie_ Spa is only about 80 mins from the 'Ring! Been tempted to try your do both myself but you can only do either full days or half days at Spa which aren't cheap and i'd only want a couple of laps.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@Paddy_R ive been to both but only drove the Ring before. Just seeing if the route mentioned would be best, doesn't seem to matter how you travel the price to travel across the Irish Sea is so expensive!

Yeah the Renaultsport day is 6 x 20 minute sessions and passenger laps in either a Megane or Clio Trophy.

Spa has been on my bucket list for ages but it always just been a bit out of budget!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Eddie_ I couldn't recommended the overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam enough. I'd say Spa is about 2h-2h 30mins drive (depending on speed of course) from the port and your hitting the road rested and fed which makes things easier.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@Eddie_ I couldn't recommended the overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam enough. I'd say Spa is about 2h-2h 30mins drive (depending on speed of course) from the port and your hitting the road rested and fed which makes things easier.

This is true, it's just the price difference is £350 for the Hull Rotterdam sailing as opposed to around £50 for the Folkestone to Calais train. Pulling my hair out but I think if I'm going it'll be Dublin to Holyhead, kip at one of the other guys who's going house then train... Could have my mind changed again lol

spagball

RMS Regular
OP
spagball
Drives
BMW
I didnt go got scared off by YouTube stories and price of replacing armco etc Will do when rich

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.