Got me by the knackers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Admiral that is. My last two years driving have been in my own name under their "Bonus Accelerator" policy. Great, I thought, save a few ££ and still get a years no claims.

Tried Adrian Flux today to see what they would quote me, only to be told that they, and most other insurers, dont accept Admirals "Bonus "Accelerator" policy as a years no claims. They can only offer me discount for one years no claims which brought my quote with them up from £770 to £1300. Uh huh.

Tried a few other places, didnt mention my no claims being with Admiral but it didnt matter anyway. They either wouldnt insure me on such a "high insurance group" or else it was ridiculous money. I'm 23 in two weeks and my car is only group 13/14 ffs!

So, will just have to stick with Admiral for another year or two. I intend to pish off to the States in a few years anyway, be rid of this stupid country once and for all.

Northern Ireland gets a big (n) from me today :worried:

POD

RMS Regular
herd of this happening before. i am on admiral bonus accelerator but insurance is up next month so was gonna change to a full year.

The question is would this give me 3 years at the end or just the 1 year, if i was to switch????

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
elephant.co.uk also do the bonus accelerator type policy, check a quote with them to see if they would accept the admiral one as a full years no claims, I dont see why they shouldn't.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
POD said:
herd of this happening before. i am on admiral bonus accelerator but insurance is up next month so was gonna change to a full year.

The question is would this give me 3 years at the end or just the 1 year, if i was to switch????

I was thinking the same thing...

Smick said:
elephant.co.uk also do the bonus accelerator type policy, check a quote with them to see if they would accept the admiral one as a full years no claims, I dont see why they shouldn't.

Elephant, Admiral and Bells are the same company. The quotes I got off Admiral and Elephant were almost identical, to the penny.

Marc

RMS Moderator
why not just take out a full year policy with admiral this year.. then get your certificate stating 3 years ncb and be done with them :grinning:

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Marc said:
why not just take out a full year policy with admiral this year.. then get your certificate stating 3 years ncb and be done with them :grinning:

yea i was considering doing that, however, Adrian Flux asked me specifically who my no claims were with and when I said Admiral they asked was it with their 10 month policy. Not sure if other companies would be as nosey.

Marc

RMS Moderator
umm.. well next year when you have had a full 12mths policy just tell them.. nope a full 12mth policy :laughing:

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
LOL yes i may just do that. Need to get something sorted as next year I'm buying something special and I wont get near it unless I have all my 3 years no claims :worried:

Arouser

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
POD said:

surly they would give you 2 years?? for like 30 months of claimfree insurance if u get me?

aaron_m

RMS Regular
thats a ****ing joke, no claims should be no claims anywhere. i too am with admiral i wonder is there any disclaimer to their bonus accelerator scheme anywhere in the small print? im not overly worried as they always seem to work out cheapest for me (and that was out of 30 companies in september) but its a pain in the ass for anyone looking to go wih the likes of flux etc

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
I dont even know where the small print is! on the back of the cover note? I'm sure its in there somewhere anyhow, the guy at Flux was telling me he hears this all the time, Admiral are crafty buggers and do it to make it less appealing for you to leave them.

Was very pleased with Fluxs quote, wish i could have went with them, much cheaper than anyone else I tried, including Admiral in this case. Ah well what can you do!

jonny106

RMS Regular
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
Im on Elephants bonus accelerator for this year (ending 2nd april) and im switching to admiral for a full years next year because of this reason.However if you look at your proof of no claims bonus it should say 2 years ncb(as on mine it says 3).That should be all you need-it gives no details of a 10month scheme so if asked in future i would reitterate that you have 2 years no claims-end of story.If you kick up enough of a fuss with any insurance company,ask to speak to supervisors/managers, you usually get your way.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
This doesn't make for a good read, this year is the first year I've been insured with anyone other than Elephant, I took out my first policy in my name with them when I was 21, so I thought I had full protected no claims, which is what I told Direct Line before taking this years policy.

IIRC I had to send DL proof of the full PNCB that I had from Elephant, nobody has evern questioned it though. I hope I'm properly covered if something were to happen!?!?!

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
aye not fair on other drivers because we all have to drive for the 12 months before getting 1 years ncb. Dont see how elephant can be allowed to give 1 years ncb when you havn't been driving with them for 1 year. Its all just a scam to tie you to staying with them, other insurers are just right to not recognise it as a full years ncb IMO

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.