Guy's back

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Heard about this last week through a polish guy in work. Didn't believe him as I thought something got lost in translation lol.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
OP
Ryan L
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Unreal,bit of a shock alright! Guys said quite a few things about mcguiness in his book n mcguiness like wise but both respect each other,could be cracker team mates.

He also said a fair bit about preseason testing and racing in general that made me think he was hanging up the road racing leathers for good.

And competing at the NW again to boot! There may not have been much wriggle room for him with Honda on that one.

Reactions: BLS

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Fantastic!
Fed up with Joe public slating GM... He's a fantastic racer with outstanding UGP results and consistent TT performances...

Hope he gets enough bike time to be competitive...
Doubt he'll have any problem attending NW200 - he'll want as much time on the roads as possible

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Good to see him back. What a team they'll make. Hopefully he gets the time in on the bike to be back in form.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
This all seems like a publicity stunt for whatever his next TV/book/film project is gonna be

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
A final go before going back to the safety of a dayjob/tv?

He's capable but has also had many spills, I kinda think he could get a TT win, but should cut and run before the oak box looms

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
He's in his day job Trucks are his life he's always stated that,hes always wanted a TT win as well.
The oak box looms for us all....
Surely a dayjob is going to limit valuable testing time that I'm sure would be required to really get to know the bike and dial it in. The box does loom for us all, but it looms quicker at 132mph avg laps. But that is the risk of racing, and they're all too aware of how it ends

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Surely a dayjob is going to limit valuable testing time that I'm sure would be required to really get to know the bike and dial it in. The box does loom for us all, but it looms quicker at 132mph avg laps. But that is the risk of racing, and they're all too aware of how it ends

To be fair, it's one of the easier tracks to prep for.
(But I'm sure it's still not "easy")

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
I'm sure Guy will have it all planned out. Don't know how he's going to be with all the pr work that comes with Honda tho,he doesn't like that much.
Would rather go out like that doing 132mph avg laps than lying in some hospital bed waiting to die,imho.
There's no Adrenalin rush like it than being on a motorbike and twisting the throttle and stretching the cables :grinning:

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Would rather go out like that doing 132mph avg laps than lying in some hospital bed waiting to die,imho.
There's no Adrenalin rush like it than being on a motorbike and twisting the throttle and stretching the cables :grinning:

Problem being that too many 132 mph laps will also result in lying in a hospital bed waiting to die...
The trick is knowing when to quit!

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Problem being that too many 132 mph laps will also result in lying in a hospital bed waiting to die...
The trick is knowing when to quit!
Only Guy will know this and any other racer out there....im sure you wouldn't like to be told you can't ride anymore.....no tricks in it,its a skill an art some people have it some don't and yes some die trying it and my hat goes off to all of them.

Don't think nobody wants to lie on hospital bed waiting to die.

WhiteWolf

Drives
Honda VFR800F
Delighted to see GM back, great individual and racer. Looking forward to seeing Guy in action with the new Fireblade.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.