Has this Clio been clocked?

redxl77

RMS Regular
Hi,

Hope this forum section is busy enough :joy:

Did an HPI check on a Clio 182 for sale.

This came up (the attached). As the mileage discrepancy is before its first MOT, and as the current keeper has no service records from the car's first few years, he hasn't any proof of the mileage at this time. Therefore I need to assume the vehicle has been clocked.

What sort of price haggle should this give me? I don't want to give away too many details of the car but compared to many 182's for sale, I like the look of it.

Or perhaps I should walk away due to potential hassle when/if I would come to sell the car myself, and this isn't one of the cheaper clios either.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 17.20.37.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 17.20.37.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 17.20.15.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 17.20.15.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: ALN

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
they might have accidentally added an extra zero and it should have read 2700 or the 2 was a mistake 7000 instead of 27000.

redxl77

RMS Regular
OP
R
Good points but who knows... Can the ECUs on these display the true mileage/KM?

The other thing is that the owner who had the car at this time only had it for a couple of months, as if they only bought it to flip.

Dandy

RMS Regular
Drives
The 27000 mileage may have been entered wrong on one of those history checkers, it's around the time when it would have been advertised coming by the times it was bought and sold, it also says the source is DVLA with those checks might show as. Or as said above an extra digit added by mistake.

KevM

RMS Regular
If we round up mileage when doing an HPI, it can throw a mileage discrepancy.

I'd almost bet that the car is fine

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Looks like an error just tbh and I’m sure with a bit of digging you’d probably find out what you need to be sure. If the car is in good order get it bought! Everyone needs a 182

Zach57

RMS Regular
Given that it’s such a round number at 27,000 I would guess it’s been entered wrong on the for sale ad at the time.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
I'd guess the 27000 is from someone filling in the mileage on the new keeper slip seeing source is DVLA? Think that's usually what that means.
Given it was in early years would there be any chance the car was serviced by Renault, worth giving a dealer a call and see if they have any records from the reg? Might give u the info u need to back up an error.

redxl77

RMS Regular
OP
R
I'd guess the 27000 is from someone filling in the mileage on the new keeper slip seeing source is DVLA? Think that's usually what that means.
Given it was in early years would there be any chance the car was serviced by Renault, worth giving a dealer a call and see if they have any records from the reg? Might give u the info u need to back up an error.

I contacted them - they didn't have any mileage info for it.